• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAD

I can't use avatar because the shipping will kill me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dig the Ramrods, using one in a small combo, great rock speaker, and loud!

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
        I've considered doing a 610setup, 410 and 210. Or maybe 212 and 410. I'm wondering how I would have to set the ohms.

That 1965A cab is probably 16 ohms, but it might be 8. If it's 16, wire a pair of 8 ohm speakers in parallel in your 2x10 to match at 16 ohms. If your current cab is 8 ohms, wire a pair of 16 ohm speakers in parallel in the 2x10. With two matching cabs (ohm-wise) you'll need to set your amp at half of that value, either 8 or 4 ohms.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
          That 1965A cab is probably 16 ohms, but it might be 8. If it's 16, wire a pair of 8 ohm speakers in parallel in your 2x10 to match at 16 ohms. If your current cab is 8 ohms, wire a pair of 16 ohm speakers in parallel in the 2x10. With two matching cabs (ohm-wise) you'll need to set your amp at half of that value, either 8 or 4 ohms.
          I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I think my setup should be 410 and 412 for an even frequency response.

My cabinet is running at 8ohms with a series/parallel setup. My vox head can run at 8 or 16 ohms.

Comment

Working...
          X