• NAD

Vox AC50 Classic Plus Head.

It's got a MIDDLE knob!

This is a twofer. Hang on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: NAD

Hells yeah!
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Congratulations. Bet it sounds great.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

It's on. Yet to try them, it's super late.

Sure the cab isn't in mint condition but the speakers sure are!!

Comment

Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

These were totally separate deals.

Comment

which one is not like the other!!!

congrats, I dig the smaller cab actually for portability; good thing your not hung up on looks

Comment

CONGRATZ MATE !

One of the most sleep'ish amp out there today !
                Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                  which one is not like the other!!!

congrats, I dig the smaller cab actually for portability; good thing your not hung up on looks
                  Honestly mate, screw it. I can always replace the cloth on it if it bums me out.

A friend has the straight one with the stock speakers, it sounded pretty good. I'm happy to see that it is actual wood and not MDF.

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                    CONGRATZ MATE !

One of the most sleep'ish amp out there today !
                    I have to thank you and the rest of the gang for your advice... When I plugged my firebird into the clean(er) channel and cranked the gain a little, played a few licks and riffs, I knew it was the perfect choice.

Comment

Originally posted by astrozombie View Post
                      I have to thank you and the rest of the gang for your advice... When I plugged my firebird into the clean(er) channel and cranked the gain a little, played a few licks and riffs, I knew it was the perfect choice.

Just glad you found something that you can bond with from the word GO !

I nearly bought one about 6 month ago - but it looked liked it saw better days.
                      Then i nearly bought a Vintage Modern, but the seller kept me hanging.
                      When i went back to the AC50 seller, the amp was sold.

Love 99% of the GOOD YouTube demos of this amp.

There is also a few AC50 VS. Fender Hot Rod 2X12 demos.

IMHO, the Fender sux, compared to the Vox !

CRANK that channel, and you will move into Stoner territory - for real !
                      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Hot rod 212? You mean the deville. I owned a couple hot rod deluxe amps and played some hot rod devilles... I wouldn't compare them to this amp.

The tone I got with my firebird is very reminiscent to the tones on Axis: Bold as love. That's kind of scary because that sound is super clean but I guess that's where the technique comes in.

I have the footswitch. I was told I needed a stereo cable for it to work. Is this true?

Comment

The only footswitches that work off of a mono cable that I can think of at the moment are the old Mesa single button channel switchers. Two button switches always need a stereo cable.
                          Custom neck-thru strat
                          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                          1995 PRS CE24
                          D'avanzo #8
                          Breedlove Solo Concert
                          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                            The only footswitches that work off of a mono cable that I can think of at the moment are the old Mesa single button channel switchers. Two button switches always need a stereo cable.
                            Thanks man!

I'm having a hard time finding a cable to use between the head and cabinet. Unfortunately I got the amp yesterday and today is Sunday, local music stores don't open today. I tried best buy and radioshack and came up empty.

Is it really dangerous to use a normal guitar lead? I've done it before without consequence.

Comment

A guitar cable is fine for the footswitch, but DO NOT use one to connect an amp to a speaker cabinet.
                              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                              X