NPD: Mesa Boogie V1 Bottle Rocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: Mesa Boogie V1 Bottle Rocket

An addition to the old "junk" that I have... I am loving these...

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Re: NPD: Mesa Boogie V1 Bottle Rocket

Rock on! those were cool I actually got along with the bottle rocket much better than i did with the v-twin
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Cool beans!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Just like yourself I own both he bottle rocket and the v-twin... I was quite surprized by the bR, very cool but a little dark through my rig.

Comment

Cool! Thanks guys...

Surgeon, I too find it a bit dark. But in my case that's ok though, because my setup has plenty of highs and I am loving its solid bass.

B

Comment

I've always wanted a Bottle Rocket.
            Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
              Cool! Thanks guys...

Surgeon, I too find it a bit dark. But in my case that's ok though, because my setup has plenty of highs and I am loving its solid bass.

B
              It is easily solved by pushing the mids on the main amp, it just was quite a contrast with the v-twin. Definitely a keeper, it's pretty dynamic and crunches really nicely. Congrats again!

Comment

I always liked the look of those pedals when they came out, never got to try 1 in person though.

Comment

It sounds great... I am running into a Mesa Studio Pre clean channel. And I get really good results. Serious thumb and very useable scoop. The power amp is the fx return of an amplifier (D-type of ODS clone) whose power section is very similar to a 45W Blackface amp.

I wasn't expecting this great results. Now I have 4 channels of Mesa sound and 2 sorta Dumble ODS kinda channels

1. Mesa Studio Pre clean, which I lvoe... quite "Blackface"

2. This crunchy and thumb heavy "Mesa" tone using V-1 into the clean channel of the Studio Pre

3. Studio Pre lead channel with a sorta reverse V eq (I like mids)

4. And the most serious gain comes from my V-Twin into the clean channel of the Studio PRe.

5. D clean... not clean at all, has a compressed saturation to start with and in comparison to them Mesa's lacks bass... Sorta tubescreamer kinda tone... The bass and highs are a bit shaved off.

6. D lead channel... Again not so much bass, has more saturation in comparison to studio pre's lead channel... Sounds more "fusion" (but not progressive) if you know what I mean.

The only trouble with that setup is using tonsa cables and lotsa footswitches.

B

Comment

I love this whole scoring old junk thing...

!!!

B

Comment

Working...
                    X