X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt42
    replied
    Re: Which pedal power do I need?

The Boss is DC, and I don't think you are going to be able to power the Timebender from a power supply unit. It is 9VAC, 1300mA and has a proprietary connector that (as far as I know) you can only get from Digitech (or a distributor or 2nd hand of course, either way, it's not a standard AC plug). I'd get a regular power supply (whatever fits your voltage and number needs) and then get the wall wart for the Timebender.

Leave a comment:

• Inder_Cine_Mann
    replied

Does this mean that I would need to get a power supply that's AC and one that's DC?

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Vegetable
    replied

Originally posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
    How much does it matter if your pedals are AC or DC and if the power supply is AC or DC outs?
    You might get lucky, but more likely it won't work or could damage your pedals or power supply. If a pedal calls for AC, you'd do well to provide it.

Leave a comment:

• Matt42
    replied

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
    Joyo also makes a PSU but not sure if its reliable or has the features you need.
    I have Joyo on my board, and I like it well enough. If you are on a budget and want a decent isolated power supply, it's a good choice. It doesn't have an internal transformer, and the power cord that comes with it is only 2-3 feet, so the Voodoo Labs are much better, but it definitely gets the job done. (That said, I'll be getting a Voodoo Mondo at some point, I hope).

Leave a comment:

• Hank-
    replied

^ Matters a lot I think. AC out may fry a DC pedal I think. Anyways, there are many to choose from, Cioks, CAE MC-403, Voodo Labs, T-rex, should have one that has both types of outlets available. That TU3 is 9V DC. What you can do is if some of these end up being too expensive, get a small version like the Trex Fuel Tank Junior to run the 9V DC pedals & run the timebender from it's own AC adapter PSU. Joyo also makes a PSU but not sure if its reliable or has the features you need.

Edit: Also check the polarity of the DC pedals & that provided by the PSU outlet match eachother.
    Last edited by Hank-; 04-14-2014, 10:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Inder_Cine_Mann
    replied

How much does it matter if your pedals are AC or DC and if the power supply is AC or DC outs?

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

I would suggest Decibel Eleven. They are made by some of the guys that worked on the VooDoo labs stuff but they brought it to the next level. They have multiple connectors and many different voltages. The one thing I like about them is the veritable voltage. This allows you to dial in a brown sound on your effects, you can run a pedal slightly below the required voltage to simulate the battery dying. This gives a cool effect with some analog boosts, overdrives and fuzzes.

Leave a comment:

• Matt42
    replied

I think the Timebender takes a special plug, so you may not be able to run it off of anything but it's own wall wort.

Leave a comment:

• Inder_Cine_Mann
    replied

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
    Sounds like you'd be fine with a Voodoo Labs Iso 5.
    Cool thanks. Does it not matter that the ISO 5 is DC out only? That's what I'm so confused about

Leave a comment:

• Agileguy_101
    replied

Sounds like you'd be fine with a Voodoo Labs Iso 5.

Leave a comment:

• Inder_Cine_Mann
    started a topic Which pedal power do I need?

Which pedal power do I need?

Hey guys. Running a Boss TU-3 (9vAC), Joyo OD (9vDC), TC HoF (9vDC), Digitech Timebender (9vAC).

Going to probably grt an MXR phaser also
Working...
X