Alesis Quadraverb, thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis Quadraverb, thoughts?

Picked up a quadraverb on craigslist, but didn't realize it was the gt version until it was too late. Read a couple reviews online and people were stating the preamp was really bad. Couldn't agree more. I unloaded the unit, and am thinking about another rack unit maybe? The quadraverb's delay/reverb/chorus were really amazing sounding, better than any pedal I have. I could probably pick up a regular quadraverb for around $80, good deal?

I'm really tempted to go towards a yamaha spx 900 instead. I see the alesis unit is still used by a few bands I like, and not too many "upgraded" to the midiverb.

Re: Alesis Quadraverb, thoughts?

If you're looking for a good/inexpensive rack processor for guitar, try a TC G-Major. The version I's delays and reverbs are surprisingly good for its price, while I thought some of the modulation effects were a bit weak. The version II addresses these issues, and tends to run only $50-100 more on the used market. You could try some of those older processors, but they're geared more toward PA or studio use than guitar. A newer processor will be more capable, easier to program, and likely sound better due to higher bit depth and better conversion.
    Last edited by dystrust; 04-15-2014, 07:52 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Nothing wrong with any of those.

Just don't use the preamp module!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

^ The great Aceman has a Peavey Valverb!Thats one unit I want ! I have a small little Alesis Microverb.I dig the older analog stuff. In my rack, I now have a Ol Skool verb unit. it's an old Rv-1 Fruman analog verb. These old analog verbs are going to be collectors items for teh ol Skool all analog sound. Some of them are average at best though. Like my Furman.
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

If you are looking for rack mounted stand alone reverb look at Lexicon.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
            If you are looking for rack mounted stand alone reverb look at Lexicon.
            They sound great, but they tend to have pretty bad switching latency and will either cut out completely or pass dry while switching. This is why you typically see Lexicon units used in conjunction with a line mixer or in PA or studio setups. For live use I'd recommend a TC unit for both sound quality and ease of use.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I'm plugging the qv into my effects loop, instead of before the amp (how I always did before). Not bad, once I figure out the correct wet/dry controls. Compared to the reverb pedals I've used before, something about this unit is just so alive and great sounding. No wonder why so many pros still use these units

Comment

oh - you were running straight in up front?

um, yeah - no. Definitely in the loop!
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

yeah.....my lcd screen is on its way to death, will be rough life without it

Comment

Working...
                  X