Furman SBP-8 pedal board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furman SBP-8 pedal board

I think this is what I want, would fit perfectly for powering my two amps stereo too. What can you guys tell me?

Re: Furman SBP-8 pedal board

Click image for larger version

Name:	048.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	5777008Click image for larger version

Name:	048.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	5777008 Own one, love it!!! Have different pedal configuration now, added Wampler Triple Wreck. Over all it has been a workhorse.

AlleeCat

Comment

huge and heavy

I dig my furman p1800 as it has more power conditioning, and then I use a small pedalboard to keep it simple

RE:

Get the guaranteed best price on Power Conditioners & Surge Protectors like the Furman P-1800 PF Power Conditioner at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Comment

I actually have three--mine are the older ones with the nylon cover, not the hard cased version. One for electric, one for acoustic. The first one I bought (2003) went KA-BLOOEY--I did an outdoor gig where the power was bad, and it burned up the varistor (like bad power will do), but none of my pedals were affected--the board did exactly what it was designed to do. So the third one is a spare, until I decide to get rid of it. Obviously, I like the board.

Nits and assets:

Did have a bit of a problem with the Velcro on one of the boards coming unglued after a gig in 104F heat. Fixed that.

They are big and can be heavy with a lot of pedals.

Worse thing was trying to get more 9-volt patch cables from Furman--they just said they did not have any available. I was able to find an adapting cable from One Spot that fixed me up.

I'm not sure the 9-volt outlets are individually isolated; not been a problem for me. No 12- or 18-volt power.

If I were touring rather than a weekend warrior, I'd want some kind of hard case for it. There is a nice pocket for cord storage in the bag.

I connect directly to my first pedal, without using the patch bay. That chain then goes directly to my amp. I have my two delays and my pitch shifter ins and outs (in series) into the patch bay, and then connect the ins and outs of the patch bay to the EFX loop of my Mesa amps. That is pretty convenient; the patch bay adds a lot of flexibility.

Mine has a heavy gauge built in power cable. It can be stiff and unflexible. I added a softer 15-foot extension cable.

Having the AC sockets available at the front of the stage is sometimes handy for the unexpected snafu at gigs. Mine have three outlets, newer versions have four. With the bag version like I have, I need to be somewhat aware of stacking too much stuff on top of it--the board is sturdy, but the one outlet I use (for my Real Tube 901) has a vertical plug--so too much weight could damage the plug or that cable.

That's about all I can think of. I hope this helped.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
        X