banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I finnaly find solution for heavy, liquid and full of sustain solos with my JCM 800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finnaly find solution for heavy, liquid and full of sustain solos with my JCM 800

The solution is MXR 10 Band EQ in the fx loop. it's quiet, even i don't need to push the ns-2 that hard, and the tone for heavy solos has now much more sustain , and better liquid feel in the sound when soloing. i use /\ pattern now. i just set the gain in the amp on about 7 of 10 and set the eq in the amp for good chrushing metal rhythms and riffs, and then when it comes to leads, i simply knock the MXR and the tone i seek is there i am happy... if i am in the mood for heavier metal stuff i kick in SD-1, or Guv'Nor 2 to add some depth and gain from the pedal. right now i am using two different speakers combinations: one is 2 x G12T75 and the other one is 2x G12H30 Anniversaryies. i cannot decide which one would be the better yet. i am really happy to found out that MXR to boost my heavy solos to another dimensions:smokin i have dd-3 delay in the fx loop to, and it's really cool for some situations but maybe the reverb is what i need to add a bit of spacey fell to solos. it seems that the MXR EQ in that /\ pattern cut the unwanted highs don a bit, boost the mids and cut the bass down a little too. i have this setting on JCM 800 for scooped metal rhythm and riffs: Presence and Treble at about 3 or 4 of 10, Mids at 3 of 10 , Bass on Full, master volume between 7 and 9, preamp volume between 5 to 7. and i hit the OD boost pedal up to taste for rhytms and riffs. obviously when i start soloing i knock the OD pedal off, and hit the MXR EQ and that's it. since i cut off the V30's out of my speaker setup the SH6 Distortion on the bridge is more useful, better souding pickup with that amp. it's cool seymour duncan pickup for more classic hard rock too, but i had to turn the volume and tone on a guitar a bit down. my sounds influences when i start playing on high output of the amp ussualy are, from Kiss, AC/DC, Deep Purple, to Black Sabbath, Dio, Van Halen.... Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and then to Megadeth, Slayer, Mercyful Fate, Pantera, Metallica. on the lower output: Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Budgie etc. when i play metal i often tune down to drop d, because the low end is really deeper and the sound much more aggresive.
    Last edited by Lux84; 04-19-2014, 04:32 AM.

Re: I finnaly find solution for heavy, liquid and full of sustain solos with my JCM 8

That pedal is good Sh!te

Comment

Re: I finnaly find solution for heavy, liquid and full of sustain solos with my JCM 8

Going to get one to fx loop as a solo boost myself.

Thanks for the review!
      Burny RLG-60, Baton Rouge AR81C/GACE
      Line6 Helix LT, DV Mark Little 250GH, DV Mark Neoclassic 212

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
      Musicians are ****ing retards.
      Originally posted by ex-250
      Beer can never be the source of wrong.

Comment

Yes, it's a good Equalizer ! must tweak some more, because today i found out if i boost the mids in the amp eq more, i need less mid boost from MXR. but cutting the highs and lows are actually very important for me, when soloing. because the amp got only one channel it is really good option to have that MXR EQ in the loop. i can cut the higs and lows a bit and boost the mids a little. everything else is the amp itself. with preamp on 7 of 10 i can get iron maiden rhythm sound without a pedal. but that's because the amp has been modded for more gain

Comment

One of my favorite pedals!
          -IM

Comment

Working...
          X