Let's talk pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's talk pedals

NEVER be afraid to turn the gain DOWN on an uber dirt box. Might be surprised at the tone you find.

I call my HM-2 Mr. Growley when the gain is ~3-4. Very cool sound!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
      EVOO
      Wait, wha?

That one's not redundant...

anyway... Pin number!! VIN number!! ATM MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!

- Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
      Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
      The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

The Metal Core is much easier to dial in than the Metal Zone. The Metal Zone has a few sweet spots, but most people miss them.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
        @ArizonaVoters

Comment

OMGZ GUYZ YOU ALL SUCKZ
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            NEVER be afraid to turn the gain DOWN on an uber dirt box. Might be surprised at the tone you find.

I call my HM-2 Mr. Growley when the gain is ~3-4. Very cool sound!
            This. My cheap knock-off's gain is right around 1, then I jam an FZ2 knock-off on boost mode into it to push the choppy OD into that buzzsaw tone.
            Originally posted by Funkfingers
            Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Just have to know how to play the amp. Everything on 10 or 5 ISN'T necessarily it.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

That most of MT2 users, like the kids in Guitar Centers, can't get a good sound of it, doesn't mean that a good sound can't come out of it. For certain styles I think the pedal certainly has a place. Have a listen to Blinded by Fear by At the Gates.
                There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

I always thought the Metal zone was a bad pedal but my buddy used one through a JVM halfstack a few times and WOW killer Silverchair and other heavy tight distortion tones.

I think folks just associate the Metalzone with the long haired Teens playing metallica through a Fender Frontman 15 in their room.
                  Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                  Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                  Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Originally posted by Johtosotku View Post
                    That most of MT2 users, like the kids in Guitar Centers, can't get a good sound of it, doesn't mean that a good sound can't come out of it. For certain styles I think the pedal certainly has a place. Have a listen to Blinded by Fear by At the Gates.
                    Through a Peavey solid state amp, into a custom cabinet with 10" speakers.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
                      I always thought the Metal zone was a bad pedal but my buddy used one through a JVM halfstack a few times and WOW killer Silverchair and other heavy tight distortion tones.

I think folks just associate the Metalzone with the long haired Teens playing metallica through a Fender Frontman 15 in their room.
                      been there done that! actually it was a frontman 212r.

I have a friend that plays in a worship band and he uses the metalzone for leads, he gets some good tones. Tho like someone said earlier, the hm2 is where it's at. But that one is much more expensive

Comment

Originally posted by qaiso View Post
                        been there done that! actually it was a frontman 212r.

I have a friend that plays in a worship band and he uses the metalzone for leads, he gets some good tones. Tho like someone said earlier, the hm2 is where it's at. But that one is much more expensive
                        Its ok that amp is miles better than the amp I started with (old carpet covered Yorkville Bass combo)

I have heard some people use the Metal zone for its EQ and have the gain off completely.. whether or not they modded it to get rid of all gain I can't remember but they said it was a lot like the Parametric EQ Boss pedal that is expensive used now online.
                        Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                        Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                        Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                          Yep. Lower the gain a lot (10hs or less on the gain knob), boost the mids and cut bass & treble. Very usable sounds using this pedal this way.
                          Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

Comment

I "like" my MT2 with all knobs at noon, 'cept gain at 10 o'clock. Only useable setting for me.
                            IMO, the MT2 has potential but the EQ is very nasty(or nasally).
                            Any of you recommend a dirt pedal with the compression and gain of the MT2 without it's nasally character??
                            Hamer,Fender Kramer,Epiphone,Yamaha
                            Full Shred,'78 EVH,Custom 5,Alnico Pro II's,Vintage Rails,STK-1,STK-2.

Comment

Originally posted by GregJr View Post
                              I "like" my MT2 with all knobs at noon, 'cept gain at 10 o'clock. Only useable setting for me.
                              IMO, the MT2 has potential but the EQ is very nasty(or nasally).
                              Any of you recommend a dirt pedal with the compression and gain of the MT2 without it's nasally character??
                              "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
                              you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Working...
                              X