Couple questions on pedal wiring.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple questions on pedal wiring.....

The ground wire to the 9v came loose on my A/B/Y box. I couldn't figure out where it was originally connected, so I soldered it to the enclosure where the PCB board was grounded to. But, doing this causes the lights to always be on. (only the lights run off 9v).

By looking at the pictures, can anyone tell me where I need to attach the ground so the lights might be able to work as intended? I can take more photo's if needed.

Also, I ordered a DC input jack. My plan is to clip off the end for the battery and connect the leads to the jack and mount it to the enclosure. Is this ok to do?

Thanks.

Re: Couple questions on pedal wiring.....

Funny, now that I posted the pic, I think I see where the ground goes....there's a tiny hole behind that glob of glue, just above where the pos lead is attached. I'm assuming that's where it goes.

Comment

Does anyone know if a battery clip can be replaced with a BOSS style DC jack? Or how it could be wired if it the battery clip has to stay for some reason.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm betting on the glob of glue.

Yes, the battery clip can be replaced by the barrel connector. Just make sure you get the (+) and (-) on the right terminals.

The third terminal is intended for a battery (+) wire, it is disconnected from the main (+) when you plug in a connector. So, that one should be left open if you're getting rid of the battery clip.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Thanks Rich.

Comment

Working...
          X