Eventide H9 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eventide H9 questions

I thought about making the swap for 2 H9's, but I'm happy with my tone right now. Plus, better is the enemy of good.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I am 78% done with my MAX upgrade. In 2 minutes I will be flush with algorithms. I cant wait to try the overdrive.

Comment

The overdrive is great as expected. The gentle overdrive/boost is very natural and the deep dark metal distortions are mind blowing. Here is my review of the Max Out upgrade. There is simple too much going on to cover it all in depth without writing a book.

Here is a great demo of the overdrive patches.

Comment

Digging into mine now....

Do you guys still have them? Any killer patches/presets for modulations you'd care to share?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yes I still have mine. I thinned out the board a lot but the H9 is still a staple

Comment

Any tips for programming "usable" chorus, flanger and phaser? I think I have a pretty good handle on delay, Reverb and pitch shifting.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I was futzing with the H9 last night and found if I was in an algorithm lets say delay or chorus I could crank the output level and get a killer overdrive out of my Excelsior. I saved a couple of really cool settings I dialed in. I am going to try to finally get the Marshall setup this weekend and see if I get the same effect. If so I am going to be in heaven. The dynamics and touch sensitivity were terrific.

Comment

Working...
                X