Opinion on Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz

I'm looking for a massive sounding fuzz pedal. I absolutely love Truckfighters. Their guitarist, Dango, has some badass ****ing tone. I think he uses a Russian Big Muff.

Was curious what people thought of the Hoof as I think it's a RBM clone
    -IM

Re: Opinion on Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz

Anyone?
    -IM

Comment

Whilst I can't help on the Hoof, I can at least offer a friendly bump for the thread
      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by Chris of Arabia View Post
        Whilst I can't help on the Hoof, I can at least offer a friendly bump for the thread
        �� Thank you. Are you also interested in the pedal?

Or just being a good sumeritan?
        -IM

Comment

I've got their Crimson Drive which I like a lot, but I'm pretty good for fuzz pedals right now. Just the Samaritan bit then
          Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

I have heard nothing but good things about the Hoof.. I too LOVE truckfighters, Warhead is such a killer song and PHI is just an awesome album as is Desert Cruiser.

FWIW I use an EHX Bass Big Muff (based on the black Russian muff) and it sounds pretty damn good with guitar... Nails that thick bassy stoner rock tone in spades with the added bonus of a dry blend mode and bass boost mode. Pretty cheap used and new too.
            Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
            Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
            Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
              I have heard nothing but good things about the Hoof.. I too LOVE truckfighters, Warhead is such a killer song and PHI is just an awesome album as is Desert Cruiser.

FWIW I use an EHX Bass Big Muff (based on the black Russian muff) and it sounds pretty damn good with guitar... Nails that thick bassy stoner rock tone in spades with the added bonus of a dry blend mode and bass boost mode. Pretty cheap used and new too.
              Nice. I was acrually thinking about that. What tuning are yoy in?

This might be a dumb question, but it handles guitar well?
              -IM

Comment

Originally posted by Inder_Cine_Mann View Post
                Nice. I was acrually thinking about that. What tuning are yoy in?

This might be a dumb question, but it handles guitar well?
                I use Standard, Drop D , D standard and C standard sometimes with the low string dropped down a full step as well. The Bass Big Muff is a great pedal though..can get pretty dark and mid heavy with the tone rolled back or more scooped and clear with the tone up. With the added dry blend and bass boost there is tons of possibilities.
                Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Working...
                X