• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedal justification

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
    5 seconds is 5 seconds no matter how you spin it

to debate about something psychological like this is something else

a carpenter values his tools but does not go into great depths about them for instance, I mean he certainly needs some and not others for certain jobs

you are overthinking it dude, just play!!! Rock on, Cheers
    Right, but a carpenter wouldn't bring a table saw to a job site and set it up if he knew he wasn't going to use it for that job. That's a pointless waste of time. That's all I'm saying here.
    Originally posted by Rockstar216
    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Originally posted by Nacho8807 View Post
      Right, but a carpenter wouldn't bring a table saw to a job site and set it up if he knew he wasn't going to use it for that job. That's a pointless waste of time. That's all I'm saying here.
      lol! case closed.

Comment

Over the last 25 years, my board has been pretty consistent--probably too much so.

I'm using the Furman SPB-1, with ten pedals. Tuner, compressor, boost , OD, wah, chorus, phasor, two delays and a harmonizer. Most of my distorted tones come from my Mesas.

The philosophy I go by is to have a lot of pedals and use them sparingly. I only use the Boss PS-6 for two songs; most of the other only on four or five, and only the boost, compression and the tuner get used frequently. I try not to over-use the delays, but sometimes our gigs are heavy on 50's oldies. I typically don't need to use heavy crunch rhythms on much either, so there is a good contrast between clean tones and my lead tones.

It's all about what the song needs, and since I'm doing a very wide range of cover tunes, most of the stuff on my pedal board is gonna stay right where it is.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
        X