Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!

Should I but this Thomas Organ Cry Baby Model 95-910511 70s RARE AND VINTAGE Wah?

Re: Help!!!

Yes... you want 3 of them! Make sure they are tube driven though
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

Re: Help!!!

Depends on what you want. I have one on my board, and I like it better than the other two wahs I have: a Dunlop Crybaby Classic and a new Vox Clyde McCoy. I bought mine used in 1973, to replace an original VOX that was stolen. It sounds a little nastier and throatier than the newer Classic. The Crybabys are more for "rock"; the Vox is best for wacka-wacka Shaft figures.

But they are getting stupid money for these in some cases, and my thought is there are some very good modern wahs that sound great and could be had cheaper. If you spend that kind of money on one, you'd be foolish to mod it, for one thing. And you may have to spend a bit of time, if not money to maintain it and clean it up, depending on the condition. Don't forget, there's no 9-volt socket or battery door on the older ones. I power mine off my Furman SPB-1 pedal board with a battery clip adaptor.

That's about I can tell you. Happy hunting!

Bill
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
      X