• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Wah of All Time

What is your favorite wah of all time?

Re: Favorite Wah of All Time

Parachute wah
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

RMC Wizard Wah

sigpic

Comment

My modded Vox V847.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
        Nope...

Comment

My first gen Morley Power Wah Boost. I still have it but it is too big for the board so I have a Mini Morley that I use for GP. The Mini Morley is great but there is something special about that big huge silver goddess. I did this solo with the first gen Morley Power Wah Boost way back in 82

Comment

RMC3 is tuned for a classic Vox type tone and plays nice with fuzz a la Hendrix, the Crybaby does its thing (Slash, etc) and a Morley Tremonti cuts through for high gain amp tones.

I still want to try a Cantrell and Bonamassa though.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
              Parachute wah

. . . great minds think alike mate : http://www.chicagoiron.com/parachute.html
              Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

The Parachute Wah is pretty cool, I had a rack mount version years ago. I didn't really like how (for me anyway) I was somewhat limited to the usable range.

I love the Teese wahs and have had a few over the years including a custom RMC3. Hard to beat for the old school tones.

The Dunlop Rack wahs are really cool and are definitely units which will always have spots in my rig. I have owned all three (Dunlop 1S, 1SR, 2SR) over the years including multiples of the 1SR, haha. I currently own Steve Vai's old 1S and I still have another 1SR.

But....the wah for me is and always will be the EMB Audio Remote Wah =) It's just amazing and IMO it cannot be beat for the high gain tones I like. The only thing that can do it is the new EMB Pedal Wah by Ampli-Fier =)

Here's a clip comparing my original EMB Audio Remote Wah to the new EMB Pedal Wah (dialed in for the sound I like):

Here's a video of the EMB Pedal Wah:
                EMB Audio Remote and Pedal Wahs: www.facebook.com/EMBaudio

Comment

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
                  . . . great minds think alike mate : http://www.chicagoiron.com/parachute.html
                  This is the one wah I am really curious about. I could totally justify a second wah, because I am really good at justifying equipment purchases.

sigpic

Comment

A Crybaby will do your basic wah needs IMO. It is also extremely easy to modify and personalize, which is what I really like about it.

Comment

Old Colorsound.

Plenty of old old Crybabys.

New stuff, Budda wah, and Clyde.
                      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Here's my old rack mount Chicago Iron Parachute Wah:
                        EMB Audio Remote and Pedal Wahs: www.facebook.com/EMBaudio

Comment

My Crybaby 535Q. It does everything I could ask for.
                          - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -

Comment

My Fulltone Clyde Deluxe is absolutely fantastic. I've been through like half a dozen wahs in as many years and this is the best one. So much so that I wouldn't even bother to go wah hunting if someone stole it - I'd just buy a new one straight away.
                            Custom neck-thru strat
                            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                            1995 PRS CE24
                            D'avanzo #8
                            Breedlove Solo Concert
                            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                            1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                            Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Working...
                            X