NPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD

So I got a Hardwire Supernatural today. I only messed with it for about an hour but it sounds fantastic. I mostly bought it for the regular plate mode as I've never been a huge fan of spring reverb. The plate mode is fantastic, much better than the plate mode on the Hall of Fame I had a few years ago. The plate mod setting is fantastic for ambient stuff - nice and haunting when set for a long decay. The shimmer is really cool too because, unlike most other shimmer reverbs, this one goes for a different vibe than any other shimmer I've heard before - almost a bit out of tune, it's less pristine and more ethereal.

I'll post more impressions later if anyone is interested. Side note - for the first time ever, I have filled my PT-1! I've had a board this size for like three years and have been one pedal away from full like half a dozen times, but I have finally filled it. The only change I want to make is to swap out my Timmy for an EP booster, but I could be happy with the Timmy. I'm glad to be done with pedals for a while.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: NPD

Good choice, man. Those supernatural's are awesome pedals.
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

True bypass discussion fail.

Comment

I like de bufferez mode. Trails for the win.

The more I play this thing the more I love it. I never thought I would be a shimmer kinda guy, and I think on any other reverb I wouldn't like it too much, but on this one it's just beautiful. And the plate... oh, the plate. It's killer either using it for a subtle reverb to fill the space or to create lush soundscapes. The plate algorithm needs to be felt as much as heard - it really captures the vibe of what I imagine having a giant metal plate reverberating feels like. That's another thing - all of the algorithms are extremely dynamic. I'm used to that on my dirt pedals and even my old Memory Lane Jr, but I've never had a dynamic reverb. This thing is SO much better than the hall of fame I had like two years ago. Now that I have the Supernatural, I can hardly believe I went two years without reverb. It's my favorite effect for just filling out an otherwise dry tone.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

Nice... though I'm pretty satisfied with my verbs id like to try one of these.

Ive got a nice EP Booster id trade for that Timmy

Comment

Steve - The Hardwire is awesome. If you're a shimmer connoisseur then it's worth it for the shimmer alone. It's incredibly unique - check out the video PGS did on it. They actually did a seperate video for each algorithm, it made the choice very easy. As far as the trade, I might take you up on that. I just want to go to GC and try the EP back to back with my Timmy to make sure it's the right pedal. I'll let you know.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
              I'm glad to be done with pedals for a while.
              Good one!!
              I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Believe it. I'm 100% satisfied with my board. The ONLY thing that could cause me to break is if Catalinbread ever releases that EMT-140 plate reverb emulator, and that's a maybe, especially considering they probably won't release it for a year or two if ever.
                Custom neck-thru strat
                1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                1995 PRS CE24
                D'avanzo #8
                Breedlove Solo Concert
                1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                  Believe it. I'm 100% satisfied with my board.

Didn't you say that like a week ago?

Congrats on the new pedal, and don't worry, we are all addicts here too.
                  Go Packers!

Comment

I meant that I was 100% satisfied with everything I had. I still wanted a reverb.

I've been using it more today and I'm wowed even more. It sounds so incredibly good combined with my Timeline. Reverb is now a staple of my board. I never want to turn it off. I can't wait to get my ambient on when I jam with my jam buds.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

great pick up. I have the hardwire rv7 reverb, somewhat similar to the supernatural, but also very different. but i can say, the quality of the verbs is really amazing

Comment

Working...
                      X