SD VAPOR TRAIL vs SD DEJA VU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD VAPOR TRAIL vs SD DEJA VU

The only true Analog delay I have ever used was the Carbon Copy. I know the Deja Vu used a BB chip but used a digital timing circuit to stretch out the repeats. The Carbon Copy worked well but not enough for me to keep it. My present delays in house are the Strymon Brigadier, the Ibanez Echo Shifter, and Hardwire DL, a Vox Delay Lab, the SD Deja Vu (a favorite) and a Wasabi Forward Reverse Delay (more of a collector piece). I have owned a Line 6 tonecore Echo Park, a Ibanez DE-7 delay and the Strymon El Capistan.

So any of you have experience with the VAPOR TRAIL? How it compares to any of the delays I have mentioned for a reference I can follow? The three delays I use the most are the Echo Shifter, the Deja Vu and the Brigadier, depending on my mood and the music I am playing. The Echo Shifter stays on the board most of the time.

Brad
    Last edited by briggleman; 05-13-2014, 06:26 AM. Reason: Change title

Re: SD VAPOR TRAIL vs SD DEJA VU

Originally posted by gibson175
    since the analog side of my sd deja delay crapped out i'm wary of any other offerings.
    Just curious, did you ever contact SD to see what it would cost to fix or replace it??? My experience with SD customer support has always been great. I had a Deja Vu replaced by them due to a battery power related issue, worked with the power adapter, but not with battery.....not a biggie, it ate batteries like crazy... but I wanted it perfect. They fixed it twice, no charge.

Brad

Comment

If you didn't like the Carbon Copy don't bother with the VT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175
        Read the entire thread.....

I could see SD not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling from you or others in that thread. However, not withstanding the SD bashing, I really do believe if you contact them via the website support or by phone, you can or will most likely find someone to help you out. They are a good company and I feel they will stand behind their product.

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          From the Demos, it did not seem as dark or muddy as the Carbon Copy and although I liked the modulation button on the CC, I did not like the fact I had to keep taking the back cover off to adjust it.
          Was hoping for someone to do a side by side comparison. Hopefully it will happen soon. Or I will just risk the wrath of another pedal entering the house
          Last edited by briggleman; 05-12-2014, 08:38 AM.

Comment

You are right, I'm sorry, you did not bash SD at all, a few of the others actually just stated the issues they had or did not have with the Deja Vu with a few being a little wary of the product offerings now.

Enough said.

Brad

Comment

Re: SD VAPOR TRAIL vs SD DEJA VU vs Carbon Copy

Check out the Malekko Ekko 616 Mk II. That's what I run and it's awesome. Modulation knobs on the outside +switchable buffer.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I could not disagree more! When I got the Vapor Trail, I couldn't pull the Carbon Copy off my board fast enough. Since then I have added a few Malekko delays and they also blow away the CC.

Comment

The Vapor Trail is an amazing sounding analog delay that is not dark sounding, has the mod controls on the outside of the box, and has the cool insert jack on the side that lets you send additional effects to the echoes only. I got rid of the rest of the analog sounding delays I own, as the echoes don't disappear and actually can cut through. It also does the cool 'overloading on itself' better than any other analog delay I have tried.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul View Post
                    I could not disagree more! When I got the Vapor Trail, I couldn't pull the Carbon Copy off my board fast enough. Since then I have added a few Malekko delays and they also blow away the CC.
                    Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    The Vapor Trail is an amazing sounding analog delay that is not dark sounding, has the mod controls on the outside of the box, and has the cool insert jack on the side that lets you send additional effects to the echoes only. I got rid of the rest of the analog sounding delays I own, as the echoes don't disappear and actually can cut through. It also does the cool 'overloading on itself' better than any other analog delay I have tried.

BTW, looks like gibson175's problem was resolved, for those that are interested.
                    Nope...

Comment

yep. The deja works fine. Just make sure you are using the right power supply.
                      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                      X