Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum delay, minimum space/cost

Here is my situation:

I am looking to add extra delay options to my lineup. I would like to be able to set a really short delay, a medium-high repeat delay, and a long solo delay. Maybe one more miscellaneous delay.
    - Currently only have a DD3
    - Tap is NOT critical

What do you suggest to add this to my lineup for min cost/max flexibility?

Some ideas;
    - A couple of Mooer pedals / small, nice, color coded!
    - A BBE Two Timer / two delay times, one box
    - Assorted cheap boxes / Modtone, Rogue, etc…they work.
    - Something sportier like a Boss gigadelay
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Maximum delay, minimum space/cost

I thought we had this conversation and you were going to go with the Carbon Copy. Do it! I haven't tried any of the boxes you mentioned but I do like BBE they make solid stuff. You might want to take a look at the MOOG Minifooger it is a sweet delay for a nice price point, small footprint and a great sound.

Comment

Carbon Copy. Do not pass go. Do not spend $200.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
        Carbon Copy. Do not pass go. Do not spend $200.
        This. The best delay I have ever used.

I'm also a fan of the Mooer AnaEcho, mostly for a short slapback delay. I'm not sure how good the longer delays are.
        Go Packers!

Comment

Carbon Copy 4 lyfe
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

i love my carbon copy and my dd7. the carbon copy is nicer that the analog mode on the dd7 but honestly not by THAT much to my ears. the dd7 does have a lot functions you may not use(reverse, hold mode) but i use all of them. the tc eletronic flashback and the memory boy/man are also nice. but if you want a sweet analog delay go with the carbon copy and never look back

Comment

I want the tc electronics looper small pedal

they are smallish

not really into delays, rather go with reverb from the amp, I dont like delays in front of the amp but only in the fx loop and that is a hassle

Comment

The Vapor Trail kills the CC. Read and hear it here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/pr...-analog-delay/
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Visual Sound Garagetone Axle Grease Delay, used ones should be around 40 bucks maybe, new ones are around 60. Maybe get 2 of those & one Carbon Copy delay. Or maybe the TC repeater or flashback or something that offers sub divisions for dual delay type sounds. Analog delay can get lost in a mix though for longer repeats sometimes, so I find if you use them for slapback or shorter delay times then they work best there in front of the amp.

Comment

The TC Flashback x4 isn't small but has 3 presets on the floor. The smaller version will do everything you want but only has the one button. I replaced an EHX memory man and a small TC with the full size TC - no regrets. The tonez may not be boutique but for me, the form factor and ergonomics are the best I've used; 3 delays in one. And it has a truly awesome reverse delay, which is the best effect ever IMHO. And stereo outputs.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      The Vapor Trail kills the CC. Read and hear it here: http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/pr...-analog-delay/
                      What an unbiased answer.
                      Custom neck-thru strat
                      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                      1995 PRS CE24
                      D'avanzo #8
                      Breedlove Solo Concert
                      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Also because I am deafened and stupefied by years of guitar, drug and alcohol abuse, I am not going to be able to tell any real difference between an analog and digital delay, unless the pipe gets passed at just the right time... the TC x4 seemed warm enough and true enough. Has an optional buffer too.

sigpic

Comment

I has malekko ekko 616 (the first run when they came out) and while it is awesome a carbon copy is just as good (and maybe better) - or at least the ones I've tried have been. The CC is a seriously good delay. Haven't tried the vapor trails.
                          Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                          I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

The CC is awesome for analog delay. But the longest delay it can do is 600msec which may not be long enough? Certainly for high repeat stuff you're going to hear that analog thang happening - which may not be what you're after.

So if you're looking at digital, the TC Nova, Roland Space Echo/Boss Giga, or maybe a Digitech Hardwire...? None of these (except the Digitech) are "minimum space" though. You should also check out the Diamond Memory Lane. Diamond kicks!
                            Originally posted by DreX
                            Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
                            The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
                            There's no substance to anything I have posted.
                            Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
                            I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Give the Malekko LoFi EKKO 616 a go. I've got one of the original ones, but I think there's a newer version with longer delay times out there now.

Have a look at the Dark version too. There are some interesting textures to be had out there by the looks of it.
                              Last edited by Chris of Arabia; 05-19-2014, 06:54 AM.
                              Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Working...
                              X