NPD! (Wah Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD! (Wah Content)

As I'm sitting here enjoying a nice cup of Joe on this wonderful Monday afternoon, I decided that I would share my new pedal! (I also have another NPD coming soon as well ) So anyways, I was in the market for a new wah. Granted, I'm not much of a wah player, but I figure a quick effect for some leads or riff ideas, it would be worth having sooner or later. I received a standard Crybaby wah as a Christmas gift a few years prior, and while it was a great sounding wah, it didn't quite do it for me. I needed something with a little more range and versatility.

So about a couple months ago, I decided to stop by my local music store to try out some pedals, and told the man behind the counter, "I'm looking to possibly purchase or try out a wah pedal because the one I have isn't quite doing it for me" and he replied saying, "Dude, you gotta check out the Bad Horsie 2 from Morley, it's one of the best sounding Wahs I've ever tried" I was a little reluctant due to the fact that it was a signature pedal but then again, I had been looking at signature pedals prior to checking this one out, so I figured what the hey? So I took the plunge and tried it out, and boy he was not kidding.

It had all the range, and the amount of tweakability it had was just outstanding, and plus I really enjoyed the switchless feature. If I'm gonna be honest here, I didn't like on the Crybaby that you had to push down on the pot in order to engage the pedal and the same to switch it off, and with the limited time you have on stage, it just makes much more sense to me. I know some guys can do it with the pot, but I know myself all too well that I wouldn't be coordinated enough to pull that off. The switchless feature just seems way more up my alley and much more practical in the long run.

So without further ado, here is my new Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah! Took me a while to acquire it, but that's all part of the game my friends! It's quite large in size, but then again, so is my footswitch for my amp, so I can compromise size for tone in this case.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Morley Bad Horsie 2 (Front).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	5833063Click image for larger version

Name:	Morley Bad Horsie 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	5833064

Re: NPD! (Wah Content)

Congrats, happy NPD! I need a wah ... well, "need".
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Nice!

I too love the Morley switching system, I use a Tremonti wah for high gain stuff. Like you said, in the heat of the battle it's really easy to just step on and go. Sometimes I find m Crybaby will kind of "half" engage if I don't stomp hard enough. (The bumpers and switch probably need adjusting but I digress... )
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Congrats!! Whats the diff tween the Bad Horsie and the bad horsie 2? I have a reg BH and it doesnt have the knobs. I like the switchless system too, but I couldnt get trad wah sounds with it.. Then again, I cant get trad wah sounds with my vox wah either. I imagine its my lack of know how...
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The regular Bad Horsie doesn't have the contour feature like the Bad Horsie 2 does. I wanted the contour feature, despite the fact that the pedal by itself has enough sweep as it is. Essentially it's just a Bad Horsie if you switch the contour off.

Comment

that step and go wah is a great invention, congrats!!!

Comment

Working...
            X