Mini POG/Octron type pedal question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini POG/Octron type pedal question.

I've recently been playing around a lot with the Mini POG and the Octron, which are similar pedals that are around the same price point. They both take the original signal and generate a tone that's one octave higher and one lower than the original.

My pet peeve is that glassy, strident sound that comes from the note on the higher octave. Are there any pedals out there that allow you to dial that out, sort of like a filter so it doesn't sound quite as harsh if you don't want it to?

Re: Mini POG/Octron type pedal question.

POG/POG2 has a high pass filter to ease off those harmonics. That's where the "organ" tones come from, using the Filters. (There are a couple of HPF options on the POG, the POG2 may have more)
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Earthquaker Devices "Organizer" is a decent octave pedal. It actually has a knob to roll that off, but the effect is best IMHO when you get that organ warble going.

It is hard to avoid chipmunking when pitch bending.
      Originally posted by DreX
      Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
      The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
      There's no substance to anything I have posted.
      Originally posted by Evan_Skopp
      I'm sure that'll be good for a few "likes" from your buddies.

Comment

Wolfmother uses this one; I saw them live last week and really dug that POG type sound; its a shame the mini POG does not get us there...

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ltpb8eI3de1qag57co1_500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	5777606

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          POG/POG2 has a high pass filter to ease off those harmonics. That's where the "organ" tones come from, using the Filters. (There are a couple of HPF options on the POG, the POG2 may have more)
          Oh yeah, the Pog2 does have an LP filter slider on it, huh! I'll try one out next time I'm at the store.

I always get mixed up as to what HP/LP sliders and switches do. "Low Pass" lets lows through and tames highs and "High Pass" does the opposite, correct?

Originally posted by Dr. Vegetable View Post
          Earthquaker Devices "Organizer" is a decent octave pedal. It actually has a knob to roll that off, but the effect is best IMHO when you get that organ warble going.

It is hard to avoid chipmunking when pitch bending.
          I'll check that out, thank you.

lol... "chipmunking".

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
            Oh yeah, the Pog2 does have an LP filter slider on it, huh! I'll try one out next time I'm at the store.

I always get mixed up as to what HP/LP sliders and switches do. "Low Pass" lets lows through and tames highs and "High Pass" does the opposite, correct?
            Oops, sorry man, it has a LPF (Low Pass Filter), allowing only low frequencies to pass. This is what you want and both original and POG2 have the feature. Your understanding is correct.

It allows you to generate that upper octave but roll off the extreme upper harmonics that are created.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Oops, sorry man, it has a LPF (Low Pass Filter), allowing only low frequencies to pass. This is what you want and both original and POG2 have the feature. Your understanding is correct.

It allows you to generate that upper octave but roll off the extreme upper harmonics that are created.
              Yep, that's what I'm looking for.

Comment

Working...
              X