Incoming NPD (Trombetta Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming NPD (Trombetta Content)

I know this isn't going to come as a surprise to some of you, but I've got another pedal coming my way. Specifically, another fuzz.

I was in Guitar Center three or four years ago and some guy came up to me and told me about this awesome local guy building fuzz pedals by the name of Paul Trombetta. I went and checked out clips of his stuff and I was very impressed - until I saw the price. I had just started my first serious job at the time, and I didn't have two to three hundred dollars to blow on a fuzz pedal.

Fast forward to yesterday, I get a message from the man himself on The Gear Page about my signature and how odd it is that we never crossed paths. Well it turns out that I contacted him a few years ago about getting a pedal but we both forgot about it, so he's giving me a chance to skip his regular yearlong wait list and get a pedal next week! If it weren't for this awesome chance to pass up waiting a year for a pedal I've wanted for years, I wouldn't be buying anything at all. But sometimes you just can't pass up a good deal So I'm getting one of these:

There are a CRAZY amount of tones in this tiny box, including but not limited to octave down fuzz, faux trumpet/trombone sounds, overdrive, distortion, and more. And it seems to be one of the most touch sensitive fuzzes on the market. Here's a sample, I can't wait to go blaze it up with the kush man himself next week.

Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: Incoming NPD (Trombetta Content)

My favorite clip of what this pedal (or rather, an older but nearly identical version of it) can do.

Yes, I'm a fuzz whore. I know.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Working...
    X