banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MXR Carbon Copy Delay: what's a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MXR Carbon Copy Delay: what's a good deal?

I know it's digital but the Boss DD-3 is a great delay that can easily fatten up a lead tone. The carbon copy is beautiful but I feel that it really shines when you give it room to do its analog decay thing. A pedal like that is about creating a soundscape for your guitar work to ride like a pleasure cruise to tone island.
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

And you can get a used DD-3 for $70
       Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
        And you can get a used DD-3 for $70
        You can get an early MIJ DD-3 for $70 and have a digital delay that sounds almost analog. I have one, and I'd love to have another so I don't have to fiddle with knobs for different delay time.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
          I know it's digital but the Boss DD-3 is a great delay that can easily fatten up a lead tone. The carbon copy is beautiful but I feel that it really shines when you give it room to do its analog decay thing. A pedal like that is about creating a soundscape for your guitar work to ride like a pleasure cruise to tone island.
          That's what I'm interested in. Slow ass blues licks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X