Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting one of these..

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    The larger digitech RP Series multifx pedals have loopers as well as drum loops

The older GNX 4 has a looper and a multi track recorder with an .SD card to store your tracks to

The GNX 4 can be acquired used for about $100

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
    That'll be with an additional $100 (international) shipping charge

No, I think the G1on will do the trick ...and for not much money. It's still the best (& cheapest by far) option.
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

...well I got it

Ended up getting the one with the expression pedal for kicks...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom_G1Xon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	5779842

Spent about an hour messing around & it's definitely awesome to practice with....tried the looper, works great! So do the drum tracks....not bad at all. I'm sure I could record a few pretty sweet clips with it using it's line-out into my handheld recorder's line-in.

The effects sound pretty fantastic actually. I could'nt get tones like these presets out of my big old Boss GT6 even after tweaking (the umpteen) parameters for hours.

These are very usable presets right out of the box which I think will sound ultra-realistic/killer with some tweaking..they're all a bit too biting/bright for my tastes right now...I'll have to dial out some treble....but this is going to change my late night bedroom jams for the better in a huge way

...would'nt say it's built like a tank but it seems sturdy enough for bedroom use.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

All of these are sounding cool to me for working out solos and harmonies. With overdrive would they muddy up with a rhythm and a solo overlapping since its a mono situation?

Comment

I played a simple rhythm & solo'ed over it & it was all crystal clear (in fact it sounded like it was panned or something..same with the guitar rhythm over the drums..lots of separation) so I don't think that would happen at all. But then I have'nt really spent much time with it...

Youtube

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the info

Comment

Thanks for the update!
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

no problem.... & here's another

I've got a gig tommorrow....so I thought I'd give this a go to practice my solo's a bit..still kinda sloppy haha..

Here's one that I recorded with the looper. It won't save stuff so I had to use an external mic (like recording a cab)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom G1Xon_Recording.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	5779982

Zoom G1Xon Looper headphone out -> Powered sub-woofer/small speakers -> mic'd (a few feet away) with an SM57 clone -> Plugged into my Digital Handheld Recorder

It's the entire unedited clip I recorded (ie the same thing repeats like 20 times) Moved the mic around a bit to find the sweet spot..it starts sounding better @ about the 1:50-2:00 minute mark..

The kicks' too loud thanks to the sub....whole things sounds way more balanced through my phones. I could just go from the headphone/line-out to the mixer instead of mic'ing..but I don't have a 1/4" - 1/4" stereo cable for that right now.

Used the same preset/FX patch ("Metal....." something....lol) for both the tracks..
                Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 07-11-2014, 08:42 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                X