Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor
    replied
    Re: Need a Reverb pedal. Any suggestions?

What's your budget? I'd definitely go for the Neunaber WET reverb. I use it for long tails though. If you want a short reverb, others might be a better choice.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

Ok - here is the rundown - not knowing what you really dig in reverb.

My personal fave: EHX Holy Grail. Warm, Gritty, Organic, and dirt simple; Hall, Spring or that dumb@$$ Flerb with just one knob. Who cares. You are gonna set it on Spring and set the knob to about 8/9 oclock and never touch it again anyway. Holy Grail plus adds a little more control if that's what you dig. Ultimate choice for Don't Fear The Reaper.

Option two: Verbzilla. The swiss army knife or reverb. For those of you need tweakability on a whole bunch of reverbs depending on your mood, the phase of the moon, and what color pants you are wearing. Great sounds, great flexibility.

Recent player on the scene: TC Hall Of Fame. Honestly, nothing for me that the Zilla doesn't have, honestly. However - there is I believe the tone print option for downloading just that exact verb on some record somewhere.

The Digitech Hardwire is a great combo of flexibility, cost, and quality.

The Digiverb is a budget winner in digital.

I'm jonesing/shopping hard for an Oldschool Boss RV-3. Think Digiverb except with delays and delay + reverb! RV-5 is great also, but Digiverb is cheaper, and RV-3 is more flexible.

There are a boatload mor...but one of those is what you want.

oh yeah - almost forgot; Mooer Shimverb is small footprint is what you need.

Or....just for kicks, go all out: A Peavey Valverb AC Tube driven Reverb/Tremolo rack unit. The holy of holies IMO.

(you reading this Scott???? I swear you will build an amp arounf the thing!)
    Last edited by Aceman; 06-13-2014, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Farkus
    replied
    Need a Reverb pedal. Any suggestions?

Indeed a verbzilla would do what you want. Nice spring and plates. I love fender spring and I use the verbzilla for reverb on my non reverb blackface Bandmaster and it's killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Farkus; 06-13-2014, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• skyydogg01
    replied

Line 6 Verbzilla will cover a lot of ground.

Leave a comment:

• astrozombie
    replied

Take a look at the Strymon Flint. It's the pedal i'd buy if I absolutely needed a reverb pedal.

Leave a comment:

• Mad-Max
    replied

So far, I think the EHX Holy Grail is intriguing me the most.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Lamprecht
    replied

Holy Grail for Spring
    Hall of Fame for Hall
    Supermoon for Modulated Verb

Leave a comment:

• jon the art guy
    replied

Get two cheaper ones, not one massive flagship one. One for in front of the preamp and one for the effects loop. Really swamp up the tone.

off u see did MRSAge, I m on tapa talk and auto correct is hating on me

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

tech 21 has a great sound

Leave a comment:

• ericmeyer4
    replied

You cannot go wrong with an EHX Holy Grain. Great sounding reverb!

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

What are you looking for? Spring? Plate? Room/Hall? Subtle for a little "air" or big, lush and an obvious effect? Modulation? Shimmer?

Leave a comment:

• MatelotFripon
    replied

I've got a Danelectro Spring King and I like it a lot ! Very simple and warm, oh, and it's not very expensive , so it's always a plus !
    You should give one a try, you might be surprised !

Leave a comment:

• Kais
    replied

Digitech Digiverb (One of the cheapest options) or Digitech Hardwire Reverb (One of the better options)

Leave a comment:

• Oinkus
    replied

I got the Hall of Fame mini ,don't really like any of the toneprints. It does reverb and it is a small pedal. I want a fender 1963 spring reverb $699 brand new , awful pricey but I am sure that is the one for me. The Demeter Reverbulator is way up there for top of the line reverb also. I have issues with reverb in my Prosonic it is beyond annoying .

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

The ultimate

Leave a comment:

Working...
X