No announcement yet.

Need a Reverb pedal. Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need a Reverb pedal. Any suggestions?

The reverb blocks from Accutronic/Belton shrunk to a tiny size, and the logic chips that strymon uses are getting cheap. The boom in user-end chip burning means that the tech is accessible.

Look at Mr Black pedals. Tone stack on a Belton brick. What's your flava? 2399 chips + Belton bricks make for some amazing verbs, and its diy-able as well.

off u see did MRSAge, I m on tapa talk and auto correct is hating on me
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      It is really a Verb buyers market out there now. Wasn't that way just ten years ago.

A couple rooms or halls, and a plate - and I'm good.

You might really dig the Grail Plus…

But again; there are as many verb flavors as dirt boxes. And a tone of parameters to tweak if you want. I don't!
      Honestly for me, as long as I have a tone knob, and a level for the Reverb itself, then that's pretty much all I need, but I like the Hall Of Fame in the sense that if I need any type of Reverb at any given moment, it'll be able to give it to me, no problem. It's a jack of all trades kind of pedal.

Comment

I had a HOF and it was just ok and nothing special IMO. I like my Dr Scientist Reverberater for subtle reverbs. If I needed ambient I'd probably get a Nuenaber Wet. I'm not much of a tweaker so the simpler pedals with less options are my preference. If you want spring verb the Catalinbread Topanga sounds great.
        Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 06-19-2014, 06:35 PM.
        Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
        Roland Cube 60
        Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
        BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
        LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
        Mogami Cables
        Mooer Candy Toppers
        Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
        Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Comment

Get your HoF and be done. If you start watching YouTube you'll end up like me with 3 Reverb pedals!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
          X