NPD: EH Satisfaction Fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: EH Satisfaction Fuzz

Well it was new pedal day earlier in the week but I am busy so...

60's garage/Stones style fuzz, not anything exotic, it is dirt simple and dirt cheap. I added it into the board at rehearsal this week and it was pretty good. It adds a little spit to my sound when I want it and if I hit it with the Class A Boost, hehe it's nasty.

The low rent sonic screwdriver setup

My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: NPD: EH Satisfaction Fuzz

Looking good.

I am looking into both the Satisfaction and Lumberjack.

Then there is also the Soulfood and new Deluxe Big Muff
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

I have the SoulFood but that doesn't really do what I need it to do with my band. I don't need an always on pedal and my piggy boost does what I want perfectly so the Soulfood didn't get much use. I don't use the fuzz as a boost so much as a gain changer, totally gives me a weird, edgy sound that I like for rhythm in a few parts. It also gives me a very garage edge for the main part in one of our tunes that I wasn't getting out of anything else I had.

If I was doing Ronno type stuff no it isn't the one but for a gritty fuzz, well it's perfect.
      My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

NPD: EH Satisfaction Fuzz

Very cool!

I haven't tried one yet so I don't know...how much if any change is there in the tone and dynamics if you put it before the buffer in the tuner??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by the guy who invented fire; 06-15-2014, 09:07 AM.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

It cuts some of the low end for sure, gives it a bit of compression that flattens my sound out a little but now that we have a 2nd guitarist in the band that works really well, sort of gives it definition to show up in the mix without overpowering everything.

It worked out great for the gig last night. The parts that I used the fuzz for worked out perfectly. TGWIF knows I am not big on FX, they get used minimally in my setup for sure but it is nice to have some special sauce to add to my sound when called for.
          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

No joke!!!

I am amazed that you gig with one pedal not to mention the fact that you have a pedalboard!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
            X