Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My latest and greatest board.

Nice set up!

Everything you need and nothing you don't!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
      Nice set up!

Everything you need and nothing you don't!

Thanks, trying to keep the music in my hands as much as possible so to speak.

Comment

Yeah man!!

I took a ton of gear to the last studio day I did and ended up cutting 2 tracks with mostly one guitar, one amp and VERY few pedals!

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
          Yeah man!!

I took a ton of gear to the last studio day I did and ended up cutting 2 tracks with mostly one guitar, one amp and VERY few pedals!

Yeah I love pedals and used to have a board with 12 on this pedal train pro but honestly there's nothing better than just a couple of boxes on the floor and a great valve tone..

Comment

If you're trying to do more of a univibe thing with the phaser, try placing it before the overdrive, maybe before the fuzz (not sure if that would work). People usually have a strong preference for one or the other. I prefer in front of the dirt, like Eddie using the phase in front of a raging dirty Marshall. Or hendrix with a univibe in front of a dirty Marshall and a fuzz going into that. That's kinda how I've got it setup and I think it works. Instead of a dirty amp I'm using an overdrive into a clean amp.

Great rig though! The ce3 does a great Leslie with the knobs cranked. Scofield uses that sound a lot.

Guitar->pedals->amp
            Gear:
            Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
            Epi Dot Natural
            Partscaster blackie
            Breedlove Passport Mahogany
            VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
            Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thespricket View Post
              If you're trying to do more of a univibe thing with the phaser, try placing it before the overdrive, maybe before the fuzz (not sure if that would work). People usually have a strong preference for one or the other. I prefer in front of the dirt, like Eddie using the phase in front of a raging dirty Marshall. Or hendrix with a univibe in front of a dirty Marshall and a fuzz going into that. That's kinda how I've got it setup and I think it works. Instead of a dirty amp I'm using an overdrive into a clean amp.

Great rig though! The ce3 does a great Leslie with the knobs cranked. Scofield uses that sound a lot.

Guitar->pedals->amp
              what worries me is that the MXR isn't true bypass and the fuzz face won't "see" my pure guitar.

Comment

True, but is that Vox TMHB? Having said all that I actually run a wah and comp in front of my Fuzz Face with the Phase after it. I don't use them together, sound gets really harsh. Especially with a block phase90. I've done the easy mods and it sounds great, but after a fuzz it sounds way too harsh.

Guitar->pedals->amp
                Gear:
                Fender '03 CIJ Antigua Strat
                Epi Dot Natural
                Partscaster blackie
                Breedlove Passport Mahogany
                VOX V845 -> MXR Blue Box -> Boss CS-3 -> MXR Phase 90 -> Paul C. Tim OD -> Fulltone Plimsoul -> Boss CE-3 -> EHX Memory Toy -> SD Deja Vu Delay >
                Marshall Artist 30 4202 or Bugera V5

I WORK FOR GC, IF YOU NEED A DEAL PM ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                X