X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zenmindbeginner
    replied
    Re: A/B switch? Would this work?

The Morley stuff doesn't have transformer isolated outputs... you'll need them. Lehle and Radial have really good transformers.

The Radial stuff is a little cheaper and some models contain Jensen transformers. I have had a problem with my Lehle P-Split II so I can't recommend their stuff, go Radial.

Leave a comment:

• Kamanda~SD
    replied

If your combining any amps at the same time you should be using an active switcher with a buffer. If your only planning on using one at a time a passive one (like the bigshot listed above, although thats only for two) will do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    OK, cool. Then an A/B switch would work for two. An A/B/Y switch would work and give you two rigs separate or together but if you want all 3, you need a switch that has one input (guitar) and 3 switchable outputs (each amp rig).

You need this to switch between the 3 of them: http://www.loop-master.com/product_i...roducts_id=154
    With that one you can only choose one amp on at a time, you can't combine amps.

You need this one to choose either one, two, or three amps on in any combination.

Get the guaranteed best price on Switch Effects Pedals like the Morley ABC Selector Combiner Switch at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Or this one that has a built-in boost.

Get the guaranteed best price on Switch Effects Pedals like the Morley George Lynch Tripler Pedal at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied

OK, cool. Then an A/B switch would work for two. An A/B/Y switch would work and give you two rigs separate or together but if you want all 3, you need a switch that has one input (guitar) and 3 switchable outputs (each amp rig).

You need this to switch between the 3 of them: http://www.loop-master.com/product_i...roducts_id=154

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

no, diff cabs bro. 3 dedicated rigs.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied

Are you going to use them through the same cab and want to switch heads or are you using one cab per head and just changing which one your guitar signal goes to?

If you are looking at using all 3 through the same cab, then an A/B switch won't do it. You need something that keeps a load on the amps while they are not "switched" to the cabinet.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    Haha! Yeah, thanks for adding this! I read your first post and was left hanging going, "ok, what one???"
    I'm getting a little forgetful in my old age. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes tragic.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

I'm surfing hard for an ART Coolswitch for my acoustic stuff

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Silly me. I forgot to include the reference link...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...b-y-footswitch
    Haha! Yeah, thanks for adding this! I read your first post and was left hanging going, "ok, what one???"

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    By far the best A/B/Y box I've ever tried. I've been using it for 6 or 7 years now with no probs at all.
    Silly me. I forgot to include the reference link...

Get the guaranteed best price on Switch Effects Pedals like the Radial Engineering Tonebone Twin-City Active ABY Switcher at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of...

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied

By far the best A/B/Y box I've ever tried. I've been using it for 6 or 7 years now with no probs at all.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Originally posted by cwebb View Post
    I love the ultras cleans! I can see why you want that for a clean channel
    Yeah, its really pristine for a high gain amp! The amp is pretty great overall

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
    there are three way switches out there. are you planning on just running one amp at a time? never combining them?
    most likely. But if possible, Id like the option to combine.

Leave a comment:

• dominus
    replied

I've had no problems with the Morley ABC.

I've read that lots of people have problems with the Lynch model not being grounded properly.

Leave a comment:

• Bludave
    replied

I have a loopmaster A/B/Y. I use two amps a lot (a Bogner Shiva & Komet 60). I like the idea of running two amps, although if you play out it gets old lugging all the gear around. The way I do it is I use my Bogner for my gai/solos. I use the Komet for cleans and occasionally for solos. I have very similar effects in each amp. The Shiva has a loop so I have a Chorus and delay running into the loop and a TS9 going straight in. The signal from this amp foes to one side of the A/B/Y. The Komet does not have a loop or Reverb so I have a Reverb pedal, Chorus, Delay, overdrive going straight in. From this to the other side of the A/B/Y. From the A/B/Y I go to a wah(so I can use it in either amp) and tuner to guitar. So now I can setup the amp before I switch to it and the same for the others.

There are many very good A/B/Ypedals out there. Lehle is the best IMHO. In some cases you may need an A/B/Y that has ground loop transformers to eliminate any noise. Some amps work on a different frequency then others and when connected they can cause some buzz or in worse cases bleed from one sdie to the other.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X