banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering the Nuenaber Wet Mono Reverb....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering the Nuenaber Wet Mono Reverb....

Considering the Nuenaber Wet Mono Reverb. Having said that, they give you a choice of buffered bypass or true bypass but I'm not sure what I would get. From their site it sounds like True Bypass is marketing hype generally but it says they can be useful in some situations. I guess I'm just wondering what your guys opinion is on the matter. I have a polytune tuner (option of both buffered and true bypass i believe), and a dr scientist verb (true bypass) atm. Go....
    Last edited by GuitarGuy503; 06-25-2014, 06:35 PM.
    Gibson Les Paul R8 in Ebony
    Roland Cube 60
    Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier Head & Mesa Boogie 2x12 Horizontal Rectifier Cabinet
    BadCat Unleash V1 Attenuater/Re-amplifier
    LoopMaster Clean Dirty A/B Looper Switcher
    Mogami Cables
    Mooer Candy Toppers
    Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.
    Extras: AmpWedge & Auralex Great Gramma ISO Platform

Re: Considering the Nuenaber Wet Mono Reverb....

Get the Stereo. Then you can use his other algorithms on it.

The Wet demos sound amazing. I think 3 reverbs may be enough for me now though.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Get the Stereo. Then you can use his other algorithms on it.

The Wet demos sound amazing. I think 3 reverbs may be enough for me now though.
      lol Now you got me thinking. I just don't think any of the other offerings will be put to use by me though (chorus pedal, delay, etc). As to the reverb usb stuff. Theres a mod reverb. Is that it?
      Roland Cube 60
      Mogami Cables
      Mooer Candy Toppers
      Pedals: Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb, Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay, Neunaber Stereo WET Reverb, Keeley 30ms DoubleTracker, & TC Electronic Polytune.

Comment

The other thing is I don't actually have a computer at my place. Although I do have access when I go to my moms. I dunno... decisions decisions
        Roland Cube 60
        Mogami Cables
        Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

There's a shimmer reverb algorithm and I'm pretty sure there's another one.

I dunno, it's part of the holy trinity over at The Gear Page along with the Timmy and the Klon. Take that as you may.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Ya I just checked out the shimmer one on youtube and just can't get into it. The shimmer just makes the sound to busy and takes away from the playing IMO. Kinda annoying too IMO.
            Roland Cube 60
            Mogami Cables
            Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

It doesn't work over most everything in the same way that, say, a plate reverb does. It's very useful in ambient music but if that's not what you're playing you need to be pretty creative to make good use of it.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                It doesn't work over most everything in the same way that, say, a plate reverb does. It's very useful in ambient music but if that's not what you're playing you need to be pretty creative to make good use of it.
                Gotcha.
                Roland Cube 60
                Mogami Cables
                Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

This guy on youtube said in the comments section that the mono can get 100% wet and the stereo can't? That sounds like bs to me.
                  Roland Cube 60
                  Mogami Cables
                  Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

I think it's the other way around, if not both of them should be able to 100% wet.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                      I think it's the other way around, if not both of them should be able to 100% wet.
                      Yeah I think they may have made a mistake and mean't the stereo wet can get 100% wet while maybe the mono can't if anything. I can see that it could be bs and both get 100% wet as well. I think I'm gonna just get the stereo at this point so I have access to the updates IF by chance I ever get interested in them. I actually prefer the look and layout of the stereo as well so it works out.
                      Roland Cube 60
                      Mogami Cables
                      Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

I like that the Stereo wet can sum to mono. If I wasn't already getting an interface that does that, I'd be highly interested in it for that feature alone as I want to leave my Strymons and my H9 plugged in for stereo but I don't run in stereo all the time. Having something that sums to mono is a godsend.
                        Custom neck-thru strat
                        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                        1995 PRS CE24
                        D'avanzo #8
                        Breedlove Solo Concert
                        1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

From what I can find, the Mono is 100% wet. I can't confirm that the stereo can do it, might want to email him if that's critical.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                            From what I can find, the Mono is 100% wet. I can't confirm that the stereo can do it, might want to email him if that's critical.
                            Not sure it would be a deal breaker. I guess I just wonder why it would differ though beings they are the same pedal and the stereo just has more options. Any ideas why mono could get 100% wet and stereo couldn't?
                            Roland Cube 60
                            Mogami Cables
                            Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

I just got a reply from Brian himself at Neunaber and it is indeed correct that the mono goes 100% wet whereas the stereo doesn't and always has some dry in the signal. So anyone else who may be interested in the Wet pedal there you have it.....
                              Roland Cube 60
                              Mogami Cables
                              Mooer Candy Toppers

Comment

Working...
                              X