banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So hypothetically speaking, if you were to get a new fuzz pedal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So hypothetically speaking, if you were to get a new fuzz pedal...

Which would be your choice and why.

I only ask because I'm totally not looking to buy another pedal, nope, not I. I wouldn't dream of being that frivolous with my money.

Although that BAT Destroyer is sick.
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Re: So hypothetically speaking, if you were to get a new fuzz pedal...

I just recently bought a Blakemore Effects DreamsICle, it's a clone of the ic/opamp big muffs. And I love it! Tho, I was gassing for this type of big muff for a while before I finally pulled the trigger. Basic Audio makes a tri/ram muff that has gotten very good reviews, and it's like having 2 muffs in 1.

Comment

I'm basing this answer on the fact that I have germanium and hybrid Fuzz Faces, many, MANY muffs, a Tonebender clone, and a few other vintage fuzz clones...

I'd call Analog mike and order a Silicon BC109 Sun Face, and a Peppermint Fuzz... Then order a Pharaoh Fuzz.

However, as much as I want to try out some other fuzzes, I think I need to thin the herd before I add more.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I've wanted a pharoah for a couple years now. I will use it so little that I can't justify the expense, but that's the one I like.

...that or the Walrus Audio Janus. I'd love to **** around with one of those, not for 3 bills though.
        Last edited by King IzzO))); 06-26-2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

The pharoah definitely seems popular. I've never tried one so I can only assume that its a magic box of glory.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

I've been looking at the Voodoo Lab Superfuzz lately.

Fuzzes are hard to choose because you have to pair them with the right amp.

My Ultimate Octave's fuzz section sounded great with my Rectoverb, Legacy, and Bogner, and not very good with my Dual Rec. It's OK with the OD100.

The Superfuzz seems to sound good in a variety of situations. I wish VL made a pedal that was that and the Proctavia in one box.
            Last edited by B2D; 06-26-2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I recommend the Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe very highly. It's one of my favorite fuzzes ever. If you don't mind waiting a year and paying $280, the Trombetta Bone Machine is ABSOLUTELY my favorite fuzz ever. But that wait tho... At least he doesn't take your money up front.

But yeah you should check out the Scarab Deluxe. HUGE range of tones from that beast. Pretty much any Basic Audio pedal is worth checking out. He (John) even does custom builds of pretty much any fuzz that has ever been made for regular prices.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Pharoah for me too, though to be honest I would rather scrounge up the guts to make it myself, along with throwing in 1 knob fuzz/boost in front of it, switchable. I've got 10 of those on my bench, waiting to be stuck together. Pharoahs are a little more tough to build though, and I hate trying to source germaniums. I just...hate it.
                Originally posted by Funkfingers
                Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                  Pharoah for me too, though to be honest I would rather scrounge up the guts to make it myself, along with throwing in 1 knob fuzz/boost in front of it, switchable. I've got 10 of those on my bench, waiting to be stuck together. Pharoahs are a little more tough to build though, and I hate trying to source germaniums. I just...hate it.
                  Mammoth/Smallbear?
                  Custom neck-thru strat
                  1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                  1995 PRS CE24
                  D'avanzo #8
                  Breedlove Solo Concert
                  1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                  1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                    Mammoth/Smallbear?
                    I get guts mostly from Tayda, enclosures would come from Mammoth b stock and germaniums either from mammoth or guitarpcb. I haven't built in a long time though. Kids and soldering irons don't mix.

Comment

I'm with jon the art guy. i just sold my pharaoh. Home building is the way to go because you can tailor it to taste.
                      Those black cat uniox vsuperfuzzes sound pretty wild tho for something different/
                      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

pharoah

Comment

Man, I gotta take another look at the pharoah now. I was looking at the MXR La Machine, the Black Arts Destroyer, and I was about to start looking at some Way Huge stuff.

I love fuzz so much that I can't decide.

Comment

I had a pharaoh.

It was cool, but the Basic Audio Tri/Ram was better in pretty much every way.

Queue Everdrone disagreeing with me lol
                            Custom neck-thru strat
                            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                            1995 PRS CE24
                            D'avanzo #8
                            Breedlove Solo Concert
                            1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

The Way Huge one, the swollen pickle? Its in my list too. There's a company that made a DAM meathead (tbmk2)with clipper selection and bass bandpass. I wanna make one of those too.

Comment

Working...
                              X