banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So hypothetically speaking, if you were to get a new fuzz pedal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So hypothetically speaking, if you were to get a new fuzz pedal...

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
    I like my guy Joe Gores take on fuzz he makes a few and now he has an actual builder making his stuff should be an improvement on quality. http://vintageking.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=duh
    Who made the cod piece or whatever that two knob germanium thing you have was called?
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

The fuzz face is my be all end all fuzz pedal. It did everything my whore of an ex Big Muff Pi said she'd do but never did.

Comment

I'm sensing a bit of resentment...

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

this is how my pharaoh sounds to me when I plug it into my Orange Thunderverb 50:

its a more modern sounding fuzz that blends in well with amp distortion. GREAT for heavy doom riffage! its sooooo versatile that High on fire used it all over their new album and many others followed

Comment

here is how HOF sounds using the Pharaoh:

Comment

My Black Arts Coven is perfection. It is mercilessly kicking pedals off my board and out of my collection. Plus Mark is a cool guy and he needs beer money.
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Black Cat Super Fuzz.
                Word.
                PC

Comment

I LOVE my Earthquaker Hoof Fuzz. Love it. I sleep next to it time to time.
                  -IM

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                    I've been looking at the Voodoo Lab Superfuzz lately.

Fuzzes are hard to choose because you have to pair them with the right amp.

My Ultimate Octave's fuzz section sounded great with my Rectoverb, Legacy, and Bogner, and not very good with my Dual Rec. It's OK with the OD100.

The Superfuzz seems to sound good in a variety of situations. I wish VL made a pedal that was that and the Proctavia in one box.
                    hi B2D,
                    you say certain fuzz pedals with certain amps, what fuzz pedals would go with a vox ac15 ?????

thanks, bluesfloyd,

Comment

Originally posted by bluesfloyd View Post
                      hi B2D,
                      you say certain fuzz pedals with certain amps, what fuzz pedals would go with a vox ac15 ?????

thanks, bluesfloyd,
                      What sound are you trying to achieve? Fuzz flavors vary so wildly that its not an easy thing to recommend. I know a fuzz face will sound awesome for retro 60's goodness and a Black arts ritual will take you from QoTSA to Sleep.

Comment

Joe Gore made that for me , he has a bunch of fuzz related stuff on his website including DIY builds and Mammoth stocks them in kits. Do a search on the site for fuzz it's a long list of crazy http://tonefiend.com/guitar/fuzzdetective/ this is just sooo neat.
                        Originally posted by Oinkus
                        I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

ME ? Seeing that i have a decent clone of all the popular fuzz boxes (Muff, Fuzz Face, Super Fuzz, and, and, and) i would look and actually is looking into something different.

Deff something from Black Arts Toneworks (already have a Pharaoh), or a Vick Audio something (great prices), or maybe a Fuzz Head, or Peppermint Fuzz, or La Machine or Astro Tone or Alien Twister Fuzz.
                          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                            When I start building I can pop one out for ya. TBs are what I like, and I have some plans for em. Nothing pretty on the inside for sure.
                            I'd like to sign up for one! Depending on price and all

Comment

just found out about pharaoh supreme: http://www.blackartstoneworks.com/pharaoh-supreme/

ahhh!!! gas attack!!!

*sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                                just found out about pharaoh supreme: http://www.blackartstoneworks.com/pharaoh-supreme/

ahhh!!! gas attack!!!

*sigh*

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Working...
                                X