banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So hypothetically speaking, if you were to get a new fuzz pedal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So hypothetically speaking, if you were to get a new fuzz pedal...

Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
    ME ? Seeing that i have a decent clone of all the popular fuzz boxes (Muff, Fuzz Face, Super Fuzz, and, and, and) i would look and actually is looking into something different.

Deff something from Black Arts Toneworks (already have a Pharaoh), or a Vick Audio something (great prices), or maybe a Fuzz Head, or Peppermint Fuzz, or La Machine or Astro Tone or Alien Twister Fuzz.
    La Machine is on my short list.

Isn't it a Tone Machine clone?
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
      La Machine is on my short list.

Isn't it a Tone Machine clone?
      I believe it is !
      Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Have any of you guys tried out any of the Maxon Elements series?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I've liked what I've read and heard about hr Pharaoh so it would probably be my first choice as well. I haven't seen one used yet - bad for me, but should be a good sign. I don't know which version of it I would go for, I'm not much of a tweaker but different good sounds are always nice.
          There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Have any of you guys tried out any of the Maxon Elements series?
            No. I watched an Andertons video on them and they seemed pretty groovy. I had actually forgotten about them until just now.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

If I was going to get any fuzz box, it would be an original Maestro from the '60's. After that, I'd like an EHX Graphic Fuzz.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

How about a Burns Buzzaround clone or an Ampeg Scrambler?
                Originally posted by Funkfingers
                Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Not a huge fuzz fan, but I am still looking for one that would fit with my playing style. The main contenders are clones of the Tone Bender MKI, Ampeg Scrambler, and Univox Super Fuzz.

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                    How about a Burns Buzzaround clone or an Ampeg Scrambler?
                    My fender blender is "similar" to a scrambler.

The thing that I don't like about it is unless you have the boost engaged its super muddy.

Comment

Originally posted by toneseeker74 View Post
                      Not a huge fuzz fan, but I am still looking for one that would fit with my playing style. The main contenders are clones of the Tone Bender MKI, Ampeg Scrambler, and Univox Super Fuzz.
                      Fuzz is awesome, man. Once you find the one or twelve that fit you, you'll be in bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                        If I was going to get any fuzz box, it would be an original Maestro from the '60's. After that, I'd like an EHX Graphic Fuzz.
                        The graphic fuzz is actually pretty sweet. There's plenty of good tones in it. Its like a big muff with an intense eq section.

Comment

Once you find the one or twelve that fit you, you'll be in bliss.
                          I'm on my way there.

I played a skinpimp buzzaround a few years ago that happened to come through Guitar Center and it was incredible. Slightly muff-esque but not really. It was like a nice cross between a muff and a bender but with some of the dynamics of a fuzz face.
                          Custom neck-thru strat
                          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                          1995 PRS CE24
                          D'avanzo #8
                          Breedlove Solo Concert
                          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Nice.

There was a store up in Gloucester that had a real civil war era big muff a few years ago. I was broke so I didn't buy it, but it was awesome. I hate trying stuff out when I'm broke.

Comment

The graphic fuzz is actually pretty sweet. There's plenty of good tones in it. Its like a big muff with an intense eq section.
                              Yep. I have played it before, which is how I formed my desire for one. I just don't generally make much use of pedals. Even when I do go ahead and bite the bullet and get them, they usually get toyed with for a while, then left to sit for years, after which I finally sell them in as-new condition.

I have an original '70's Big Muff, and to my ear, it's really more of a sustain effect than a fuzz effect. It's not that it isn't fuzzy – just that the most prominent effect it creates is a fluidity to a series of notes. The Graphic Fuzz seems to inherently be more of a straight-out fuzz pedal to me...however, the great thing about it is how extremely tunable the effect is. I don't know of another fuzz that is so finely tunable/versatile. Plus, you can turn off the fuzz tone, and just use it as an e.q. pedal. It's a great pedal.
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              Yogi Berra was correct.
                              Originally posted by JOLLY
                              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

It also works as an awesome clean boost.

Comment

Working...
                                X