New pedal day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pedal day!

Its big, yet small. Green and black...and more than a little hairy.

Anybody wanna guess?
     Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Re: New pedal day!

I hate you.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

No - nobody wants to effing guess. But we do want pics. jeez….
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Bad monkey.
        Originally posted by Funkfingers
        Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Big Muff clone? Based on the green Sovtek?

Comment

Swollen pickle.
            Custom neck-thru strat
            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
            1995 PRS CE24
            D'avanzo #8
            Breedlove Solo Concert
            1996 USA Dean Baby Z
            1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by LReese View Post
              Big Muff clone? Based on the green Sovtek?
              You're so close that I'm giving you the victory.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140707_220210.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	5779902

Its the new nano bass Big Muff. Its based on the green Sovtek and it rips. It has a thick, dare I say "crushing" low end that's perfect for the heavy fuzzed-out tones of bands that should be more popular while maintaining more than enough clarity for chords and lead runs.

Add in the "tweaked" EQ and you get a massive fuzz that doesn't flub out under low tunings. Another cool feature is the dry switch. It sets your clean signal at unity gain and changes the volume knob to a blend circuit allowing you to dial in however much fuzz you want. I haven't actually used it on a bass yet, (go figure), but the "blend" feature lets you get some sputtery velcro sounds while playing a normal old electric guitar.

If you dig the sounds of the green sovtek or muffs in general I highly recommend this pedal. At $80 its a steal in a market flooded with expensive boutique clones. (Many of which I'm a fan of)

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by jon the art guy View Post
                Bad monkey.
                Its become pretty difficult to fina a bad monkey that isn't from Ebay. As much as I love my boutique junk I'm still a "bang for your buck" kinda cat. I regret not buying one when my LGS stocked 'em.

Comment

You know, I might try this. I never thought about using a Bass Big Muff on a guitar. Luckily my bass player has one laying around I can try

Comment

Originally posted by Mad-Max View Post
                    You know, I might try this. I never thought about using a Bass Big Muff on a guitar. Luckily my bass player has one laying around I can try
                    Do it.

I'm not sure what tones you're chasing but I'm sure you'll find something in the Bass Big Muff. Don't feel too bad when you permanently steal it from him.

Comment

I'm interested in it for no other reason than the blend feature. That's f'n brilliant.
                      Custom neck-thru strat
                      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                      1995 PRS CE24
                      D'avanzo #8
                      Breedlove Solo Concert
                      1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                        I'm interested in it for no other reason than the blend feature. That's f'n brilliant.
                        Its a cool feature for sure. It gives you a very cool lo-fi vibe. For a "cheap" fuzz its pretty ballin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
                          Do it.

I'm not sure what tones you're chasing but I'm sure you'll find something in the Bass Big Muff. Don't feel too bad when you permanently steal it from him.
                          It would honestly be for S's & G's, but that's what this is all for right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mad-Max View Post
                            It would honestly be for S's & G's, but that's what this is all for right?
                            That's my general philosophy in life.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Flannel View Post
                              That's my general philosophy in life.
                              Your philosophy is right good sir *insert beer cheer*

Comment

Working...
                              X