banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining AMT Electronics F1 with amp's real pream section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Combining AMT Electronics F1 with amp's real pream section?

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
    Did you try the SS-20? Is it me or it sounds Marshally? I liked this because imho it seems to have a realistic British sound (it has a 12AX7) that goes from mild to crunch to kind of "ultra".
    Nope, I'm more interested in the SS-30. I actually prefer solid state distortion.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
    @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
      Nope, I'm more interested in the SS-30. I actually prefer solid state distortion.
      I prefer solid state distortion, too. I tried the SS-30 a few months ago and I felt both the clean and distortion channels were a little lacking. It's been a few months so I can't remember exactly, but I think it was a case of limited headroom - like the tones never opened up and breathed even after jacking the pedal's output level and the amp's output level. However, that may be attritubable to me not having tried it with the 18 Volt power supply option.
      Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Ok, for those interested on actually using the F1 as an additional clean channel and keep both DSL40C on overdrive/distortion modes, I double checked with AMT e-mail support.

Me: So just to clarify/double check: When the F1 is off then the sound comes from the Marhsall pream and when the F1 is on the sound comes from the F1 preamp .

AMT: All will work as you want
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
          Ok, for those interested on actually using the F1 as an additional clean channel and keep both DSL40C on overdrive/distortion modes, I double checked with AMT e-mail support.

Me: So just to clarify/double check: When the F1 is off then the sound comes from the Marhsall pream and when the F1 is on the sound comes from the F1 preamp .

AMT: All will work as you want
          Sweet!
          Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Yep, I think I will bite the bullet regarding amp's weight, get myself that marshall and later one of those F1.[emoji3]
            Last edited by IMENATOR; 07-12-2014, 07:00 AM.
            Who took my guitar?

Comment

Ok, and I just found this video where someone else already did it with an EVH amp.

Who took my guitar?

Comment

Thanks mates for the tips. It was a good read.
                Wackor
                Ørdøg
                NecroPolo
                Diabolus in Musica
                SIDrip Alliance
                Book of Shadows
                RKH

Comment

Working...
                X