The EHX tortion seems pretty legit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EHX tortion seems pretty legit.

Anyone tried one? This is a seriously cool demo, but I haven't seen them anywhere in the UK yet.

For lower gain examples:

Seems like EHX has really stepped up their game this year (not to ignore their HUGE contributions to the pedal world like the Muff, Mistress etc)
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Re: The EHX tortion seems pretty legit.

EHX made much of the "new" stuff back in the 60s and 70s. They were THE effects mfr.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

They WERE the effects manufacturer... 40 years ago.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
        They WERE the effects manufacturer... 40 years ago.
        I know! When I say 'stepped up their game' I really mean more in the sense that they've more recently gotten a reputation as being cheap or weird. There was genuine emotional trauma with the Soul Food on TGP, everyone liked the tone but a lot of them were cautious or shy about openly owning EHX.
        Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
        I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
        Andrew - None

Comment

People are idiots but I love the thought of some overpaid megachurch guitar player being embarassed by the fact that he uses any specific pedal for his overdrive tones... What a goddamn *******. Jesus hates RocknRoll anyway right?
          As for EHX... It must be hard for them. They were THE pedal squad for a long time and now everybody's just ripping them off and adding cool paint. I will try this stortion when I can but I already know its not gona beat my ZVex Double Rock, Black Arts Coven or Abominable Hail Cannabis.
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I'll admit it, I like EHX. No shame at all.
             Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Working...
            X