banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Talked to the folks at Lovepedal.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talked to the folks at Lovepedal.............

Hi,
    If you haven't seen it, PGS posted on youtube a Klon vs. Kalamazoo Silver pedal in a great blind test. It showed on the the screen as Pedal 1 or Pedal 2 using the same guitar (L.P.) from clean to dirt, then the same thing with a Strat. You had to see the 2 minute follow up to see which was which. It was very hard to tell the difference on higher gain, but the cleans had a slight, and I mean Slight difference.
    Considering the price of the original (closing in on $2,000.00) and this way inexpensive alternative, it is a great shootout.
    Also I saw the new Klon or B. Finnigen KTR selling for $700.00+ dollars. I would think anyone who could afford a KTR should be able to buy a used Centaur. So I am disappointed with the KTR price. I guess normal folks get tossed out of the loop again. After that Guitar Mag interview I got the impression he wanted to "help" the "normal" folks.
    No question here, just curious and would love to hear any feedback (not re-hash) on this particular shootout.
    Also, I am curious about what forum folks think about the zendrive (no arguments, just opinions). I started out asking the Lovepedal guys about the new Hi-Volt as it has a 3 band EQ which is lacking in the world of OD's, but got got sidetracked, so I did do a search and was unable to find a good thread on ZenDrives. If it is there, I missed it.
    Thank you,
    SJB

Re: Talked to the folks at Lovepedal.............

Really big fan of Lovepedal , I have the Kalamazoo and a Echophonic Jr. Very happy with both of them. I bought the Kalamazoo after watching that video and then a few others , was hard to fork over $200 for a OD but it is on for every solo. Hi-Volt looks like it would have more options for adjustments. As far as the Zendrive only vid I watched is on the Lovepedal site http://www.lovepedal.com/videos/
    Originally posted by Oinkus
    I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Hi volt is pretty awesome,has a lot of bottom if you want it,very smooth warm pedal.
      tone slut
      Marshall DSL 40C
      Fender EVH Striped Series
      Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
      Fender Squier Tele Affinity
      Mogami cables

Comment

Link please
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Hope this works:
          /Users/stevenbuffington/Desktop/▶ PGS Smackdown - Klon Centaur Vs. Lovepedal Kalamazoo Overdrive - YouTube.webarchive
          Well, that's as close as I know how to get a link in a reply. My first time and it looks wrong, but the site is named correctly. Tried my best Aceman. Pulled it out of my email.
          SJB

Comment

I've seen the shootout but more importantly I've played with the Kalamazoo and a Klon and personally I found little in common between those 2 pedals...

As an aside, I will be SO happy when the hype around the Klon dies off.

The KTR statement you made is funny to me...

The KTR is $270 brand new when you can find them and the second hand market is inflated due to lack of supply but even as the stupid inflated priced they are $450-500 vs $2k for a Klon so when you say "I would think anyone who could afford a KTR should be able to buy a used Centaur", I question your math...

Zendrive...more hype. It's just not that impressive to my ears.
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Here is the shootout:

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Here is the result clip:

Comment

And the KTR is all surface mount and built like an mxr or ehx... I had it... Sold it... Got a soul food and am happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

To Guywho/fire,
                    I must have seen the or looked at the wrong numbers, maybe 250 price the was before they pulled it and revamped the KTR. Re-vamped and recently re-issued is what I read. I don't know. I also share your view on Klon hype.
                    All things considered, it is *my* opinion that if anyone has payed their bills, then thinks "whatever" for 750 bucks is cool probably would be OK buying a "Better whatever" for more money. My thinking is 750 play money is so much that someone who has that might be more inclined to pay upward for the "original" upgrade. My ex-wife thought that way. I admire your contributions through the years and to me you are one of the "gurus" I respect. So not looking to argue about anything. Just the way I think about folks spending big money made me say that. So my curiosity is aroused when you say you are not a fan of these pedals. May I please ask if you use any OD's what they might be? I actually do want to know. Not looking to start a new thread either.
                    Thank You,
                    Steve B

Comment

Talked to the folks at Lovepedal.............

I'm not saying that either the Klon or Zen are bad pedals but having used them both I personally fail to "see what all the fuss is about" and in the case of the Klon...come on...2 grand?! Please...

Anyway, I do use drive of pedals when the time calls for it.

My stable of drives currently includes several...

-Ibanez/AnalogMan TS9
                      -AnalogMan King if Tone v4
                      -Blackstone MOSFET OD
                      -Bixonic Expandora
                      -Way Huge Pork Loin
                      -Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
                      -ZVex Box of Rock

I rarely use any of them but they all have a place in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am right there with TGWIF. OD pedals are a dime a dozen and there are too many cool guitars & amps to put that kind of coin into a pedal.

Unless you NEED to sound EXACTLY like the band who plays at your CHURCH. In which case i assume you are rocknroll retarded and won't agree with any of my other opinions, either.

Whatever. I sound better than Jesus.
                        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

E-Pockets,
                          Why the insulting attitude? Why would you call anybody retarded? I asked a fair question. Got a fair answer. You insulted me on my other recent post. I guess you don't like the questions I ask. But these forums are supposed to be friendly places, with disagreements that are inevitable. As long as respect is maintained. I think Evan Skop or Scott Marceau said so on another thread where some folks were tossing insults back and forth. The guy who plays at my church? What? I sound better than Jesus? I don't remember disagreeing with ANY of your opinions. In fact, this is first time I think I've seen the name Empty Pockets besides the other post in this forum where you insulted me also.
                          I meant this as a HELPFUL thread. I don't get where your disrespect is coming from. We don't know each other. Let's not trade insults in a forum. To TGWIF: thanks for the list. Also, I agree with you on the klon thing. That is why I posted this in the first place, namely that you can get a klon type pedal for $200.00, and on ebay I saw the klons going for $1,7 to 1,800.00. So $2,000.00 can't be far behind.
                          Thanks,
                          Steve B.
                          Last edited by SJ318; 07-14-2014, 06:05 PM. Reason: Can't remember if it was Evan or Scott who said to stop personal insults. They have no place in a public forum.

Comment

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
                            E-Pockets,
                            Why the insulting attitude? Why would you call anybody retarded? I asked a fair question. Got a fair answer. You insulted me on my other recent post. I guess you don't like the questions I ask. But these forums are supposed to be friendly places, with disagreements that are inevitable. As long as respect is maintained. I think Evan Skop or Scott Marceau said so on another thread where some folks were tossing insults back and forth. The guy who plays at my church? What? I sound better than Jesus? I don't remember disagreeing with ANY of your opinions. In fact, this is first time I think I've seen the name Empty Pockets besides the other post in this forum where you insulted me also.
                            I meant this as a HELPFUL thread. I don't get where your disrespect is coming from. We don't know each other. Let's not trade insults in a forum. To TGWIF: thanks for the list. Also, I agree with you on the klon thing. That is why I posted this in the first place, namely that you can get a klon type pedal for $200.00, and on ebay I saw the klons going for $1,7 to 1,800.00. So $2,000.00 can't be far behind.
                            Thanks,
                            Steve B.
                            Sorry if I'm resurrecting a zombie thread or whatever but I only JUST NOW saw this reply.

I want to apologize if you thought I was singling YOU out and trying to insult you PERSONALLY. My post was meant to poke fun at the fact that Klons are primarily used by praise & worship guitarists. I didn't mean YOU were RETARDED but that praise & worship guitar players aren't interested in MY Satanic RocknRoll opinions.

If I meant to insult you personally, I would have done so with explicit detail via PM, but I don't really see myself caring enough about a dude on the internet to do that sort of thing. If I insulted you GENERALLY, while I sincerely apologize, I suggest you excersize your sense of humor and consider the idea that the internet is not one giant email directed at you, but merely the opinions of idiots laced together by weak wires, electric signals and satellites that will eventually fall to the ground.

I don't apologize for what I said about Jesus. I don't think he even plays guitar.
                            Last edited by Empty Pockets; 07-19-2014, 12:33 AM.
                            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Huh,
                              Now it makes sense. It is news to me that klon and faith and worship guitarists have a shared identity so to speak. In that case, your'e a funny guy.
                              If Jesus played guitar he would look like McCarty from Cactus. And the wine would be on his tab for eternity.
                              I could see Jesus singing Cat Stevens songs while wearing platform sandles, with the lace up, of course. I suppose Gabriel would be in the horn section. Or was that Joshua on the trumpet? I know it was Spider Murphy on the slide trombone. Elvis said so.
                              Steve Buffington

Comment

Working...
                              X