• emergency question zendrive red vs zendrive silver

any difference?

Re: emergency question zendrive red vs zendrive silver

One is less red?
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

One is made by Guitar Center. Some people say they hear a difference but it's disputed if there actually was a change to the circuit.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Might be a chip change. One probably uses a jrc4558 or whatever it is and other probably uses a better one.

Comment

I guess the Red version is GC only and they have one for a good price. So any of you smart guys think there is any reason to think it is not as good? I guess some one named Sean fron L.pedal says it is closer to "Alf's" original design, more overdrive but that is the only difference. Apparently.
          The reason it's an "Emergency" is I have to find a ride soon if I want it
          steve

Comment

Any Guitar Center workers out there?
            SB

Comment

just looked up some stuff. There may be a change in the IC and a change in the clipping diodes (no germanium). Probably won't affect much; it's an awesome dirt pedal. I have a clone from guitarpcb, and now they're selling a Zenith Drive with a bunch of sockets instead of soldered in stuff so it's moddable.

Comment

Thanks guys,
                Dustin from Lovepedal says it is an improvement for more gain, original specs before Robben Ford is my guess. Appreciate your input.
                SJB

Comment

More gain = silicon clipping diodes for sure then.

Comment

This thread is hilarious.

MY WIFE IS IN LABOR AND I JUST ROLLED MY CAR AND ISLAMIST EXTREMISTS HAVE SUICIDE BOMBED MY KID'S SCHOOL which overdrive pedal is better?
                    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

i've a/b'ed the 2. there isn't really much difference at all.
                      Quality riffs in about a minute...
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

yea, I was hoping the red version would stanch the bleeding better or something.

Comment

O.K. Empty Pockets, I can take a hint,
                          I thought this forum was for just these kinds of questions, and I have read long threads on questions just like this. If I don't know something about a pedal, I am supposed to feel free to ask in this forum. It doesn't seem any funnier than many pedal questions. I am quite interested in buying this pedal and I have a small window for when I can find transportation to where it is sold, hence my "emergency" title. So if your intent was to belittle me or make fun of me, it worked. I now feel embarrassed, stupid and unwelcome.
                          However, I like this forum as there are many helpful people on it, whose opinions I value. Where else can I ask this sort of question? This is the most informed forum I've found.
                          So thanks to you other folks, I found the info I needed and Jon/Agileguy/superpete got it right on. Extra gain, same for all other specs.
                          Thanks,
                          Steve B.

Comment

Steve,

Please lighten up. I play music and buy pedals and post on forums for fun. None of this is personal. I don't know you, I don't hate you, I'm not picking on you. I probably posted that in 2 minutes while I was on the toilet and then went back to my actual life. I definitely didn't expect any kind of emotional reaction besides a slight chuckle before moving to the next thread.

Peace, Love, Satan, and Understanding,
                            Some Guy on the Internet You Don't Need to Worry About
                            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Cool,
                              Fair enough. I should have said "guitar pedal issue-need quick answer". Plus my skin won't thicken up, no matter what I do, and I think too much. Thanks for the nice words.
                              In my old job (20 years can make some jobs old) we would say "lens emergency, or frame temple emergency". I worked in a hospital setting making glasses, so if you just said "emergency" 6 people would jump!
                              SJB

Comment

Working...
                              X