banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fractal audio (makers of the Axe Fx) to release multi-effects floorboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fractal audio (makers of the Axe Fx) to release multi-effects floorboard.

Even people who don't like amp modelling can surely appreciate the awesomeness of the effects fractal has been producing (Steve Vai replaced his Eventide with one).

Now they are going to release a floorboard effects unit.

"Just effects. Specifically designed for 4CM with dedicated pre- and post- paths. Up to 8 simultaneous effects. Any number assignable pre/post. Any combination of series or parallel routing. Two expression pedal inputs, four relay outputs. USB for remote editing with free FX8-Edit software. Silent Switch technology from the MFC Mark III. True Bypass. Etc., etc." - Fractal Audio

It'll channel switch your amp, too.

Here a link: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx...ming-soon.html

Sorry if someone has already posted about it.

Re: Fractal audio (makers of the Axe Fx) to release multi-effects floorboard.

I want them to release a box that is power soap and speaker simulator.

Comment

If they make the "brain" of the unit rackmountable while keeping the footswitch on the floor (kind of like the TC G-System) I am SO looking into this.

Comment

I'm real interested in this but a bit worried with how many FX it can run at once. I always have delay, a bit of reverb and a noise gate on then I add to that pitch detune, tremolo, phaser, flanger, octave down, overdrive and sometimes combos of those like octave down and phaser, so I hope this thing can run a lot of FX at once in a patch or it's a bust for me and I have to stick with my pedals + g-major II setup.
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
          I'm real interested in this but a bit worried with how many FX it can run at once. I always have delay, a bit of reverb and a noise gate on then I add to that pitch detune, tremolo, phaser, flanger, octave down, overdrive and sometimes combos of those like octave down and phaser, so I hope this thing can run a lot of FX at once in a patch or it's a bust for me and I have to stick with my pedals + g-major II setup.
          I think it does 8 effects at once.

Interesting routing options though... parallel/series, pre/post, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
            I think it does 8 effects at once.

Interesting routing options though... parallel/series, pre/post, etc
            With inserts, I mean actual physical plugs that you can route anywhere you like?

Comment

cool

Comment

for all its worth and possible sales impact to the AxeFX2s, i dont see them putting amp sims in multi-effects floorboards for sometime. pity

Comment

ya they should put impulse IRs in their fx pedalz and sell em for cheap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
                    With inserts, I mean actual physical plugs that you can route anywhere you like?
                    I don't know for sure, since I don't work for them or anything like that.

But I gather that the board has ins/outs for you to run to the effects loop of your amp, and you can designate any of the effects to being either straight to the front of the amp, or to the effects loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
                      I don't know for sure, since I don't work for them or anything like that.

But I gather that the board has ins/outs for you to run to the effects loop of your amp, and you can designate any of the effects to being either straight to the front of the amp, or to the effects loop.
                      What I'm talking about is inserts inside the Axe-FX, so that I can put external pedals between e.g. compressor and chorus (compressor and chorus being in the Axe).

Comment

Originally posted by koshikas View Post
                        for all its worth and possible sales impact to the AxeFX2s, i dont see them putting amp sims in multi-effects floorboards for sometime. pity
                        I don't expect them to just put everything into the pedal board and cannibalize their 19" rack unit sales.

I'm just saying that if they want to sell me something short of the full unit, I have a lot less interest in just another multi-effect (between me already having one of those, a bunch of loose pedals and a rack full of studio effects), but if they would give me their amp and speaker emulation without effects I would bite instantly.
                        Last edited by uOpt; 07-17-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I don't expect them to just put everything into the pedal board and cannibalize their 19" rack unit sales.

I'm just saying that if they want to sell be something short of the full unit, I have a lot less interest in just another multi-effect (between me already having one of those, a bunch of loose pedals and a rack full of studio effects), but if they would give me their amp and speaker emulation without effects I would bit instantly.
                          totally, man

Comment

What I'm talking about is inserts inside the Axe-FX, so that I can put external pedals between e.g. compressor and chorus (compressor and chorus being in the Axe).
                            Ah, I understand.

No idea whether the unit will do that.

Comment

Kinda like the effects loops that the TC Electronic G System has?
                              Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Working...
                              X