banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best tuner for using many different guitars and basses with different tunings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tuner for using many different guitars and basses with different tunings?

In one sitting, I use one tuner for guitars and basses, and each are tuned to c# and E standard, sometimes Eflat standard. what tuner is best for this, Boss etc?

Re: Best tuner for using many different guitars and basses with different tunings?

I currently use the Boss Chromatic Tuner and get great results. I typically only do standard E or Eb, but it's more than capable of getting other tunings.

Comment

Re: Best tuner for using many different guitars and basses with different tunings?

cool, that sounds like the tuner for me, thanks Mad-Max, I hate my tc polytune

the polytune function doesnt work, and the algorithm keeps turning it on when I use it for single strings

Comment

I love my Turbo tuner. It's just fantastic.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
        Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I've been abusing a TU-2 for almost a decade. It is an immortal, reliable little tank. Tomorrow I will receive 2 new KORG tuners (a Pitch Black and a clip-on) that I ordered for a friend. I am curious about them as my tuner before the TU-2 was a magnificient KORG chromatic piano tuner that was sharp like a sniper. I can make a little A/B test if you like.
          Wackor
          Ørdøg
          NecroPolo
          Diabolus in Musica
          SIDrip Alliance
          Book of Shadows
          RKH

Comment

probably, Peterson Strobe Stomp line.
            My blog: http://hermeticoguitar.blogspot.com
            My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/hermeticoguitar

Comment

The Boss TU 3 is a pretty great tuner/power supply. It goes down 6 1/2 steps for guitar and 3 for bass plus has a chromatic setting as well. It is all around better then the last version TU 2 which I still have 15 years later on my travel/jam board but that will also do what you want.
              Originally posted by Oinkus
              I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
                cool, that sounds like the tuner for me, thanks Mad-Max, I hate my tc polytune

the polytune function doesnt work, and the algorithm keeps turning it on when I use it for single strings
                And see, I was dead set on getting a PolyTune at one point, then a friend of mine was selling his TU-2 for 50 bucks, and I couldn't pass it up, and ever since I've been more than happy with my Boss. Not a single issue, and is really accurate.

Comment

I use a hardwire, not the poly, the normal one. I know what notes are supposed to be what for each tuning, so it works fine. It is a little slow, and below B is gets slower. I don't remember TU-2's having that problem, can anyone vouch for a TU-3 tuning low A?

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                    I use a hardwire, not the poly, the normal one. I know what notes are supposed to be what for each tuning, so it works fine. It is a little slow, and below B is gets slower. I don't remember TU-2's having that problem, can anyone vouch for a TU-3 tuning low A?
                    It nails it, but jumps around a little before hand.
                    -IM

Comment

thanks yall for the feedback

I read up a bit about the tc polytune before I bought, but it's merits did not ultimately shine through for me; that polytune function just does not work at all at any level for me and the algorithm just turns on the polytune mode automatically for like every other string I try to single-tune...

the tu-3 seems to be the tried and true and is the best selling boss pedal and I appreciate the positive reviews for it here. yet I am still fascinated by gas propelling for turbo tuner etc for their various merits... Ill prolly mull this over for a few months

Comment

Not sure it´s exactly what you´re after but the Korg pitchblack+ has dual inputs and you can set two pre-defined tuning modes per input to make multiple tunings easier.

Comment

I have two boards one has a Boss TU2 and ther a TU3. The TU3 is a bit brighter and easier to see outside. Personally the best tuner I have ever owned is a BOSS. TU12. I have this on my bench and use it to setup/intonate any instrument. The needle is very accurate
                          "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
                          X