True Bypass Looper Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Bypass Looper Pedals

Who is using a True Bypass looper on their board? Tell me about you choice, where did you get it from and all things being equal would you do it again?

I'm "losing tone" through quite a few pedals. (~10) I'd be using a Keeley Compressor or Katana in front of the looper as a buffer to drive the rest of the signal chain, with a fuzz and wah before all of that)
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: True Bypass Looper Pedals

I have a dual loop box for sale or trade for another pedal in the $100 range.

I used to use it to put the Line 6 blue and green on their own loop, so I could set them up and click them on and off with one button. Loop boxes remove tone suckers from the path very effectively. I used the other loop one direction to a tuner (pre pedal tuner days)

I can find a pic somewhere if you're interested.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Do you still use the Line 6 pedals?
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I no longer use one but I used to. http://www.roadrageprogear.com/ is the brand you want hands down! They're built like tanks. Only company that uses those real nice thick wall aluminum enclosures and not the cheap hammond or hammond knock off stuff others use.
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

If I were to go with a (non-programmable) true bypass looper, I'd definitely go with the Road Rage stuff. I've heard nothing but good about their products.

That said, you may want to look into a programmable true bypass looper. The Disaster DPC-8EZ has 8 loops, 50-ish presets, midi control, and it's really small for the featureset. Best of all, it's about half the price of a MusicomLabFX MKIII.
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Can the disaster control a Timeline too? (I was considering a combo of a looper and a DMC to control the Timeline)
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yes it can. You can program a Timeline preset into any of the presets using analog pedals controlled by the 8EZ (bonus, the Timeline doesn't need its own loop, it just goes after the 8EZ) but it won't do bank/preset scrolling or looper control like the DMC series.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Wow, DPC-5 looks incredible!
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'm using a Loopmaster- since I got caught up in the whole craze that true bypass was better, without fully realizing that most modern pedals- with a buffer in front, is as good if not better. It's more helpful with vintage pedals

Comment

I understand, I've got a couple old MXRs/etc. with less than stellar bypass, as well a deep board with a reach to the back. The MIDI capable loopers that can automate changes look very cool too. I'd love a Voodoo Lab setup, but those are a little overkill for me.
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                    X