Initial Pedalboard Layout - Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial Pedalboard Layout - Finally!

I've been messing with these pedals doing looping and experimental type stuff for about a year now, I finally got them all on the board and powered together. I need to refine the layout and go with some custom cables and clean up the power cables, but I think this is pretty much the path I'm shooting for.

Pedaltrain Pro
    Voodoo Lab 4x4 Power Supply

Keeley Compressor -> POG -> KOT -> FD2 -> Wall of Sound -> DM3 -> DFL -> Deluxe Moon Phaser -> Shape Shifter -> Katana Boost -> Supermoon Chrome -> El Capistan -> Timeline -> Memory Man w/Hazari -> Blue Sky

When looping, I use the Memory Man for heavy looping, and the El Capistan for more washy type loops that evolve. Otherwise the El Capistan is a great delay. DM3 is used for slapback and shorter echoes and the Timeline is used for both its more esoteric settings as well as dotted eighth/rhythmic type delays. For reverb, the Supermoon is early so it can be looped, and the Blue Sky is last so it can be manipulated as loops play to increase overall reverb levels. Although if the Supermoon was stereo I think I'd have it post El Capistan. Finally I can plug any combo of a Wah (RMC-3) or fuzz (Captain Coconut 2, Fuzz Face, Sun Lion) in front of the compressor, off board.

Last edited by PFDarkside; 07-18-2014, 04:57 AM.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Re: Initial Pedalboard Layout - Finally!

Damn! That's a killer pedalboard.

As the owner of the largest board non-custom sized pedalboard that NYC makes, my back winced for you.

But it's so worth it to have all of that awesome stuff.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Dude, that is one of the best boards I've seen. It helps that its well thought out.
       Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

Nice!
        My Soundclick

Comment

Seriously pricey stuff , good job putting that together it looks wonderful. No idea how you can live without a tuner ?
          Originally posted by Oinkus
          I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Thanks guys! I stayed up way too late last night playing away.

Oh yeah, Agile, this will be used at home for the most part. I take a few pedals when I go jam with friends. (Mostly blues rock or punk that doesn't require hardly any pedals at all. ) I just wanted a way to gather everything together, power it and make it easy to set up/put away when needed.

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
            Seriously pricey stuff , good job putting that together it looks wonderful. No idea how you can live without a tuner ?
            Snark tuner, on headstock. I've been collecting these for the better part of ten years. I recently acquired the two small box Strymons, they replaced an Echo Park and Verbzilla that I had for most of that time.
            Last edited by PFDarkside; 07-18-2014, 06:21 AM.
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

That's a seriously awesome board. When I grow up, I wanna be that board.
              Originally posted by Rockstar216
              Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

those memory man with hazarai's are amazing! we should make a thread and share our favorite settings

Comment

Dat Vintage POG....

That whole pedalboard is absolutely delicious!

Comment

Great board. I do the same thing - creating a big home board, then using nothing but essentials in a live setting.

I think I'm going to become a Strymon addict as well, not because everything they make is just as it was in the 60's, but because it's all so musical sounding and infinitely tweakable. I don't know why that gets lost on so many people. After years of collecting pedals, the ones that stand out are the ones that you end up using for music. The rest just collect dust or get sold.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

That's very true! It's all about making music. You've already got a Lex, right?

The way I see it, there's no vintage option for massive, modulated hall reverb (Blue Sky), pattern and filtered delay (Timeline) or easy tape based looping (El Capistan). In my mind they aren't replacing old effects as much as creating new ones to make music with.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                      X