Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dot G.C. Z. Drive vs. pre-L. Pedal Z. Drive report

Hi,
    Friend brought his pre Lovepedal ZenDrive over and we hooked it with my Red Dot Guitar Center ZenDrive I just got.
    His sounded good but with the controls all the same mine was brighter, had a bigger, more "mid" frequency sound and the expected extra gain.
    So after trying to match the gain and voice setting by backing mine off and/or turning his up-they both sounded good but the Red Dot just sounded better to both of us. More articulate. Tighter bass. Crisper high end. A little more spark I guess you could say, and even with both gains off, the RD ZD still had a little more spark and mid going on.
    It was like his had a thin towel over the speaker that was removed when mine was kicked on. Same Blues Jr. amp settings, cord, guitar (tele w/S.Lover bridge, Strat neck pup) each used one at a time, obviously, 1Spot power supply. Chords A-D Kossof style, and same Albert King lick.
    To anyone interested. HTH,
    SJB
    PS-ZenDrives are a whole different animal. Voice, tone, gain, all work together, hard to change one w/out changing the other. I have heard people I respect say "Eh-they all sound the same to me, more or less.", but this Red Dot makes my beloved Sparkle drive sound like a cheap "fuzz" tone. The RD ZD from GC sounds BIG!
Working...
X