Guitar Processor Advice - Boss GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guitar Processor Advice - Boss GT

one more thing to note. on GTs under global settings (usually) u will get to select "Output Setting" or "Output Select", which is meant to globally affect the sonic spectrum of patches depending on the kind of amplification u use (with possible available options being; JC-120, small amp, combo, stack, combo return, stack return, PA). some of them push different areas in the spectrum too much. anyways dont tie urself with the labels here, try them all and use the output type that sounds best to u. on my boss gt-6, i find that 'jc-120' setting gives me the most naturals sounding headroom, when i m going direct into a clean amp input at front, but tend to use the 'small amp' setting for heavy sets, which gives me sort of a more mid-push.

Comment

Re: Guitar Processor Advice - Boss GT

Originally posted by koshikas View Post
      one more thing to note. on GTs under global settings (usually) u will get to select "Output Setting" or "Output Select", which is meant to globally affect the sonic spectrum of patches depending on the kind of amplification u use (with possible available options being; JC-120, small amp, combo, stack, combo return, stack return, PA). some of them push different areas in the spectrum too much. anyways dont tie urself with the labels here, try them all and use the output type that sounds best to u. on my boss gt-6, i find that 'jc-120' setting gives me the most naturals sounding headroom, when i m going direct into a clean amp input at front, but tend to use the 'small amp' setting for heavy sets, which gives me sort of a more mid-push.
      Thanks for the heads up! I haven't gotten too deep into it. I've tweaked a few things hear and there but ultimately have found several patches that get the drive tone I was going after. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X