Modelers/multi-fx that can run on batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modelers/multi-fx that can run on batteries

For whatever reason, I'm looking for a portable multi-fx/modelling pedal that can run on batteries, just wondering if there are any brands or models that I have overlooked.

Ones I have tried:

Zoom MS-50G - decent sounds but had unacceptable noise issues when running on batteries
    Korg Pandora Stomp - pretty poor sounds, quite bad noise (hiss)

Ones I know about but have not tried:

Line 6 Pocket pod - a desktop unit rather than a pedal
    Zoom G1on/G1Xon - I'm kind of assuming these would suffer from the same issues as the MS-50G
    Vox Stomplab - as Vox is owned by Korg, I'm assuming this will be very similar to the Pandora in a different package
    Digitech RP55 - not tried it, but looking at the manual, it has very limited editing of effect parameters
    Boss ME-25 - does not do full amp modelling as there is no speaker/cab simulation

Anything else that I'm missing…?

Re: Modelers/multi-fx that can run on batteries

Pod HD desktop = no batteries. Just an FYI.
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

Boss ME-50/ME-70

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
        Boss ME-50/ME-70
        As far as I can tell, all the Boss "ME" series don't really do amp modelling - I've had a look at the ME-70 manual and it only models preamps. The manual just says "when you plug into the headphone output, the amp simulator is activated automatically" and there doesn't seem to be any control/editing of amp or speaker models.

Comment

Hmm - I've just seen a post on another forum that suggests that the noise issue with the Zoom MS-50G is a known problem but Zoom won't fix it because doing so would reduce the battery life. However, it also suggests that the G1on and the G3 don't have the same problem because they use 4 AA batteries instead of only 2. I think I'll see if anywhere local has them in stock and go and try them out...

Comment

I have the boss me20b it's a bass pedal with no.amp models or speaker sims
            Would a micro cube count

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I have used my Zoom G2.1u with pretty good success. Very cheap used these days also!
              *******Please check out some of my songs:
              https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/de...bandid=1430296

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremiah View Post

Zoom G1on/G1Xon - I'm kind of assuming these would suffer from the same issues as the MS-50G
                What sort of noise issues?

I got one of those a while ago ^^ & it does'nt seem to be noisy at all (?) ....though I've probably used it like 3 times so far (& only with batteries)

There's a clip I just did with it in Tips & Clips (Funk Jam)

...& a metal solo w/backing track (miked with an external mic) Here

ie....there were'nt any noise issues.
                Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 07-24-2014, 11:32 AM.
                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                X