NVPD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVPD

I was helping my dad move today and I found this baby! When I got home input a battery in it and she fired up. Pots are a little scratchy but everything works. Pretty stoked.

I know it's old but can someone tell me anything from pics.
    Cheers, and thanks.

Jay Paul-Paz
    If F = Optimal number of guitars and X = Current number of guitars then F = X + 1

https://soundcloud.com/ironikaika/tracks

Re: NVPD

You're a jerk. A lucky, lucky jerk. congrats on stumbling across a certifiable diamond.
    Originally posted by Funkfingers
    Music is for life. Without parole.

Comment

That's one of the coolest, most desirable fuzz boxes in the universe. Google should be able to explain how to check the date via the pot codes.

I almost bought one for $400 a year ago but I bought a Black Arts Coven instead. So even if you hate the tone, it should help you sound better.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Thanks guys. I feel like a lucky jerk. I've mostly been a "get tones from the amp and guitar" type but more recently been interested in exploring pedals. I was just reading the thread about the BAT Destroyer yesterday. Lots to learn here. I really appreciate all the knowledge you guys share. I'll look into the dating on the pots and then getting her cleaned
        Last edited by Ironikaika; 07-30-2014, 05:46 PM. Reason: spelling
        Jay Paul-Paz
        If F = Optimal number of guitars and X = Current number of guitars then F = X + 1

Comment

That'll get you where you need to be. Nice score.
           Originally Posted by DreX

I don't mean to be a jerk, but some people bring out my compartmentalized rage, and I think that's their idea of victory. I wouldn't bother asking people to be civil on the internet though, just hide them in my basement and move on. Call the authorities any time you feel it necessary.

Comment

So, pots are from late '68 and mid '69 so safe to say a late '69 early '70 model. It looks that the battery plug was replaced at some point but otherwise untouched. So far only tested on the clean ch. of my 50w EVHIII but wow she makes some cool sounds!
            Jay Paul-Paz

Comment

Oh man. The same era as my Bassman.

Please contact me first if you decide not to keep it....
              green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

NVPD

I talked to my dad about it today. He said he got it in '69, when he played with John Hartford. Fender gave them a bunch of gear, including a Fender branded Ode banjo, a Rhodes and a P bass!

Empty Pockets- Not in the plan to move it but I'll keep you in mind if that changes.
                Last edited by Ironikaika; 07-29-2014, 01:56 PM. Reason: update
                Jay Paul-Paz

Comment

Nice blender, but it's missing a part.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

damn nice find

Comment

Originally posted by Ironikaika View Post
                      I talked to my dad about it today. He said he got it in '69, when he played with John Hartford. Fender gave them a bunch of gear, including a Fender branded Ode banjo, a Rhodes and a P bass!

Empty Pockets- Not in the plan to move it but I'll keep you in mind if that changes.
                      Your dad played with John Hartford? That's ****ing awesome. He's one of my biggest musical heroes.

What album(s) did he play on? I've got a pretty big sampling of live Hartford stuff, but the earliest was 1970. Was he still playing with him then?
                      Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt42 View Post
                        Your dad played with John Hartford? That's ****ing awesome. He's one of my biggest musical heroes.

What album(s) did he play on? I've got a pretty big sampling of live Hartford stuff, but the earliest was 1970. Was he still playing with him then?
                        He may have recorded a few tracks but mostly play live with him. I know he was still with him in august of '70 because he's on the Philly Folk festival that's on YouTube. His name is Terry Paul. I would love to hear some of your stuff. I'm sure he would too!
                        Jay Paul-Paz

Comment

There are 9 electrolytic capacitors in there, and some look to be disgorging their intestines and should be replaced.

The schematic illustrates that all 9 are 10 uF (10 microFarad)/25 Volts. Some of them are in the audio path. I'd recommend changing all 9. Sooner or later the pedal will stop working if you don't replace these parts, and the sound will deteriorate along the way. At 45 years old, the pedal has well exceeded the normal life of electrolytic capacitors.
                          Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Originally posted by Ironikaika View Post
                            He may have recorded a few tracks but mostly play live with him. I know he was still with him in august of '70 because he's on the Philly Folk festival that's on YouTube. His name is Terry Paul. I would love to hear some of your stuff. I'm sure he would too!
                            That's the exact show that I have a recording of. The next one I have after that is in '72 and by then he was playing with the Aereoplaine band. If I have a chance this week, I'll put that show (it's two nights) up on dropbox for you.
                            Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
                              There are 9 electrolytic capacitors in there, and some look to be disgorging their intestines and should be replaced.

The schematic illustrates that all 9 are 10 uF (10 microFarad)/25 Volts. Some of them are in the audio path. I'd recommend changing all 9. Sooner or later the pedal will stop working if you don't replace these parts, and the sound will deteriorate along the way. At 45 years old, the pedal has well exceeded the normal life of electrolytic capacitors.
                              Thanks Mate, I'll have that looked into as well.
                              Jay Paul-Paz

Comment

Working...
                              X