X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rack Preamp help please!

Originally posted by LTF
    I'm just going to lay it out here...

According to the Suck ToneŽ Vicious Circle Theorem, your needs would best be served by acquiring, simply enough:

1) Fender Deluxe
    2) Marshall 2203

... or vice-versa.

If that's what you really want, why not get the real thing? Everything else will pale in comparison (Suck ToneŽ) and will be band-aid purchases.
    Well sure... that would be the best. I was looking for the versatility of a rack arrangement. I bought a JCM900 SL-X and then promptly returned it... the FX loop is unusable, yet vital to my rig...

So I'm back at square one...
    www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
      What's wrong with original gizmo?
      It stopped working. My tech, who has much experience with these says that the troubleshooting would outweigh the cost of replacing the PCB ($400 +tax for me).

I don't want to spend the $400 on the unit. I'd rather replace it with something different for a change of scenery.
      www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by LReese View Post
        I bought a Triaxis a few weeks back - Its great!
        Those are simply amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by pinto79 View Post
          It stopped working. My tech, who has much experience with these says that the troubleshooting would outweigh the cost of replacing the PCB ($400 +tax for me).

I don't want to spend the $400 on the unit. I'd rather replace it with something different for a change of scenery.
          Well if he didn't troubleshoot how does he know that a new PCB is needed?

I mean not that I argue you should get something different. You can always flip back later.

Comment

ADA. Have had the same one since they first came out. Put a BBE in line and its golden.

Got a spare last year for tinkering and testing new pickups on recordings. Did the battery mod and the noise mod on it and it's even better now.

Need to do the same on the main one as well.

Comment

Working...
            X