banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NPDaaaayyyyy SeymourDuncan Vapor Trail..... I like it!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPDaaaayyyyy SeymourDuncan Vapor Trail..... I like it!!!

On my acoustic board for about a week now. Its at the end of the chain -- Taylor acoustic GA8 guitar - Hardwire Tuner - Ibanez CF-7 Chorus/Flanger - TC- Hall of Fame Reverb - SD Vapor Trail Delay.

I think I have only scratched the surface of what this delay is capable of. Seriously, this delay can tango with the best of them. The Tone of your signal is unaltered... (if you so choose), I have notice no signal loss or gain in switching it in and out of the path. I have not even used the insert feature yet, still playing with its modulation controls which change the flavor of this pedal from plain Jane to Raquel Welch (giving away my age here). Amazing pedal so far. I have went through a few (Deja Vu, Digitech timebender, Danelectro DanEcho, Carbon Copy, Strymon El Capistan and Brigadier, Vox Delay Lab, Ibanez DE-7 and Ibanez Echo Shifter) and all had their good points, none really bad, just could not find what I wanted. This one is the closest so far, although the El Cap would have done it for me had I a little more patience to dial it in. I am a little lazy so I look for simple first.

One thing I noticed, in the loop all by itself, the foot switch "POPS" when engage. However if placed after any of the other pedals, no issue, quiet switching. By loop, I mean the use of a Pigtronix Keymaster Reamp/mixer interface for my Guitar since it uses a ES balanced output. The pedal all by itself also Pops at first, then no issues after that, so I switch it a few times when used by itself while muted of course, which nullifies that issue.

Anyway, if any of you have a chance, give this pedal a whirl, its a blast so far.

Brad

Oh, of all the delay pedals I mentioned above, I still a few of them (the El cap, CC, DE-7, DanEcho and the Timebender, all let go to other homes who appreciated them much more)
    Last edited by briggleman; 07-30-2014, 05:24 PM.

Re: NPDaaaayyyyy SeymourDuncan Vapor Trail..... I like it!!!

Thanks for the review Briggleman!

Comment

More to come Scott, however, while you are here.... I do have a one gripe.

I attempted to get this pedal from my local Music store, Make N Music in Frederick, MD. Its small/medium sized store, however, they are always there for me and I always go to them for my purchases. They always attempt to match internet pricing when they can and I can spare a few dollars to support my local store. They were unable to order the Vapor trail for me because of minimum orders established by the SD representative. I ended up purchasing over the internet from SweetWater which is a great store also, but not my normal vendor. Your practices and limitations for smaller distributors almost lost you a sell. I purchased almost your entire line of first pedals... Deja Vu, Lava Box, Twin Tube Blue, Shape Shifter, Pickup Booster and Compressor from that little store. You really need to change your practices in this regard!

Comment

I do almost all my purchasing thru a locally owned shop and id be pretty upset if they told me something along those lines

Comment

Working...
        X