banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally going to put some pedals back on my board!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally going to put some pedals back on my board!

My wife's various health issues appear to still be on the up and up, and she's finally rejoining the workforce of America...lol. Sooo...it's time to buy back/replace all the pedals i sold off. I've been playing my acoustic, exclusively, since about January, &i'm missing all those ambient tones. I still have my Fhusk Modded CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, T1M Modded DD-5/Mini-Tap, and my Ernie Ball VPJr.

1. Catalinbread Callisto Chorus - I know i'm largely in the minority, but i LOVE Chorus. I rarely get really wishy-washy with it, and primarily use it for adding a subtle depth to my clean tones. However, when doing volume swells, i really like it's added modulations and variables when stacked with my delays and reverbs.

2. Diamond Memory Lane Jr. - I've always wanted to try some Diamond stuff, but never liked the size/footprint for my boards. I think the Jr will fit if i turn it sideways, since the input jacks are on the sides. Wish they would have put the power input on a side too! Anyways, tap temp with 1/4 note, dotted 8th, & 8th note triplet subdivisions is very handy, and the modulation is divine!

3. Earthquaker Devices Afterneath Reverberator - WOW! This thing souds incredible. Tons of features, and tones to be had in there for sure! From what little i've heard, i can only imagine how musical and spaceous it could also sound when dialed back a bit. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on one of these! Pre-orders only right now.

4. Emerson Paramount - My Emerson EM-Drive is one of my favorite pedals of all time. I've also gotten to know the owner (Mitch) pretty well these past couple of years, and he's definitely one of the good ones! The Paramount should give me all the right low and medium gain tones that i'm after in a harmonically rich and touch sensitive package!

5. Moog MF Drive - This guy should cover everthing that the EM and Paramount don't cover and then some! It's got alot going on and the added expression pedal is too cool! I like that it can even get into fuzz territory. They don't have any videos to show it's softer side per say, but i can hear it in there and see the possibilities for my style of music.

All coming soon to a pedalboard near me...fingerscrossed!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Re: Finally going to put some pedals back on my board!

Good to hear you're able to indulge in the finer things in life again! That EQD Afterneath pedal is really cool, and you've opened my eyes to the Callisto chorus. I too, like you, love a good subtle chorus on clean tones, and have been looking for a good replacement for my CH-1. The Catalinbread stuff is in my sights a lot these days.
    Originally posted by Rockstar216
    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

I foretold of this day.

And verily, it has came to pass.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm interested in the Afterneath too. I can't imagine having 3 dirt pedals on my board these days .
        After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by FretFire View Post
          I'm interested in the Afterneath too. I can't imagine having 3 dirt pedals on my board these days .
          I don't really consider the EM a dirt...it's more of a "foundation/dynamic" pedal that's always on.

Originally posted by Aceman
          I foretold of this day.

And verily, it has came to pass.
          Not yet...technically, but soon!

Originally posted by Nacho8807
          Good to hear you're able to indulge in the finer things in life again! That EQD Afterneath pedal is really cool, and you've opened my eyes to the Callisto chorus. I too, like you, love a good subtle chorus on clean tones, and have been looking for a good replacement for my CH-1. The Catalinbread stuff is in my sights a lot these days.
          EQD and Catalinbread are two of the most innovative and creative pedal companies out there!

Comment

The Callisto chorus is a great pedal. I'm right with you though, Chorus is a FANTASTIC and underrated effect. It was really overused in the 80s, and even worse, it was used poorly, but I think it has some real potential to be used to get some really brilliant, interesting and vibrant sounds.

I think the key to a really good chorus pedal is having a mix/level knob. That whole 80s chorus thing was the result of the chorus being 50/50 with the signal of the guitar, or more. A really overpowering sound. A GREAT chorus pedal will also have width/density, the ability to adjust the delay time so you can give a little 'space' between the note you play and the vibrato soaked echo. The Caitinbread has both, and from the little time I was able to play with it, it sounds absolutely beautiful.
            Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
            I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
            Andrew - None

Comment

Originally posted by FretFire View Post
              I've got 7. Come at me bro
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
                The Callisto chorus is a great pedal. I'm right with you though, Chorus is a FANTASTIC and underrated effect. It was really overused in the 80s, and even worse, it was used poorly, but I think it has some real potential to be used to get some really brilliant, interesting and vibrant sounds.

I think the key to a really good chorus pedal is having a mix/level knob. That whole 80s chorus thing was the result of the chorus being 50/50 with the signal of the guitar, or more. A really overpowering sound. A GREAT chorus pedal will also have width/density, the ability to adjust the delay time so you can give a little 'space' between the note you play and the vibrato soaked echo. The Caitinbread has both, and from the little time I was able to play with it, it sounds absolutely beautiful.
                Good to hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                  I've got 7. Come at me bro
                  Lol!

Comment

My Catalinbread Supercharged Overdrive pimp-slappin' the preamp tube of my Marshall is just awesome.

Comment

We love Chorus , why wouldn't we ?
                      Originally posted by Oinkus
                      I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

It's okay to love chorus. It is not a sin

In fact, I LOVE chorus. I think it's a killer effect for cleans, and sometimes on gain if I'm feeling a little saucy.

I also like to use it on solos too, for a cool effect along with some delay.

Comment

Chorus doesn't kill tone

People mis-using and abusing chorus kill tone

Comment

New stuff Hoss

Comment

Great stuff Hoss, I've always followed your pedal threads as you chose some awesome gear I've never even heard of! I look forward to you being in a good place once again

Comment

Working...
                              X