banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a flanger and a phase in one little box....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a flanger and a phase in one little box....

any of you guys know of anyone building anything like this, I don't want anything elaborate...just bare bones flange and phase....

Re: I want a flanger and a phase in one little box....

im no expert on flanger (ive not even plugged into one since the 80s)...but cant you just turn the resonance down to zero?
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Phasers and flangers both do swirly sounds, but they are completely different in how they work. Flangers are a modulated-delay effect, with more in common to a chorus than a phaser.

You can some times fake a phaser sound by keeping the flanger's resonance low and messing with the delay time and depth, but IMO it's not very convincing. Another solution would be a digital multi-modulation pedal, which contains models of various different types of effects.

If you want "real" effects instead of digital models, a pair of Mooer mini-pedals would do the trick. I've heard their Phase 90 clone is pretty good, and I know they have a flanger as well.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
        Phasers and flangers both do swirly sounds, but they are completely different in how they work. Flangers are a modulated-delay effect, with more in common to a chorus than a phaser.

You can some times fake a phaser sound by keeping the flanger's resonance low and messing with the delay time and depth, but IMO it's not very convincing. Another solution would be a digital multi-modulation pedal, which contains models of various different types of effects.

If you want "real" effects instead of digital models, a pair of Mooer mini-pedals would do the trick. I've heard their Phase 90 clone is pretty good, and I know they have a flanger as well.
        I can confirm that the mooer Phase 90 and Electric Mistress Flanger clones are amazing. I'm not super impressed with the rest of their range, but their modulation pedals are seriously good, and really cheap. I'd avoid their multi fx pedal though, I've heard lots of poor things about it.
        Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
        I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
        Andrew - None

Comment

They also make a modulation modeler. I've not tried it yet, but am interested.

As a side note, most of their overdrive and distortion pedals are quite good.
          Go Packers!

Comment

Thanks dudes, I've seen plenty of moer stuff popping up fairly cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by LatsMcGee View Post
              Thanks dudes, I've seen plenty of moer stuff popping up fairly cheap...
              Not well built, really. Better to shop used boss, mxr, ibanez on ebay or elsewhere.

Comment

The Moor Modulation Modeler (lime green box) does what you need. I personally dig the Marshall Regenerator. There are a few general modulation boxes that will phase/flange/chorus/vibe etc….

I don't know of any just Phase/Flange combos. A few Flange-Chorus boxes exist like the Ibanez CF-7, etc…

A good Flanger sometimes can be set for Chorus (enough knobs, enough range). But I have never got a phase sound out of a flanger. At least a decent one. But as mentioned, phase is not flange.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by rumy22 View Post
                  Not well built, really. Better to shop used boss, mxr, ibanez on ebay or elsewhere.
                  Nope, they actually are well built. I have several and have had no problems with them. Look past the made in Asia thing.
                  Go Packers!

Comment

I'd get one of the Zoom multi-effect units, personally.
                    After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Matt42 View Post
                      Nope, they actually are well built. I have several and have had no problems with them. Look past the made in Asia thing.
                      I do not care about them being made in Asia. I have a lot of gear from there, including wifey.

Comment

Originally posted by rumy22 View Post
                        I do not care about them being made in Asia. I have a lot of gear from there, including wifey.
                        They why call them poorly built? I have a lot of Mooer and Joyo pedals, many of which I've owned for about two years. In that two years, I've had to replace two MXR pedals that failed, but have had no issues with the Joyo or Mooer pedals. This is with gigs at least twice a month (sometimes many more than that).

I just don't get the hate on these pedals, unless it's a moral objection to Asian labor practices or cloning pedals. Sure there are some of them that don't sound great (the Joyo Analog Delay isn't very good), but a lot of them sound incredible and are durable.
                        Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
                        X