banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NPD! Great score at GC on a Duncan Pedal!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD! Great score at GC on a Duncan Pedal!!

I found a slightly used, perfectly functional Deja Vu delay in my local GC's used gear section for $30 !!

...plus tax of course.

I tested it for about 20 mins just to make sure it worked (it did, perfectly) and then put it on layaway for the police hold to clear. I'd never tried one before, and it sounded pretty nice and for $30? Why the hell not?

Re: NPD! Great score at GC on a Duncan Pedal!!

The Deja Vu is a very cool delay. Stereo outs (many are mono these days), adequate delay time to do long echo if you want, the ability to go from a delay with all your high end there to more muffled sounding echo, the loop that lets you put additional effects on just the delay signal, and tap tempo. One of the most flexible delays in its price range - certainly at $30.
    Great score!
    "Just like bad gas, they (metal riffs) sneak out every once in a while."
    Jah Paul Jo - Dread Zeppelin
    guitar pic site
    Original prog rock on soundcloud
    Original ambient guitar pieces on soundcloud
    Original blues on soundcloud.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kosh Naranek View Post
      The Deja Vu is a very cool delay. Stereo outs (many are mono these days), adequate delay time to do long echo if you want, the ability to go from a delay with all your high end there to more muffled sounding echo, the loop that lets you put additional effects on just the delay signal, and tap tempo. One of the most flexible delays in its price range - certainly at $30.
      Great score!
      Yeah I really like the modulation set at about halfway up with the delay setting about 2/3rds towards the analog-flavor side. Very Eric-Johnsonish.

If Duncan ever made a version of this with 3 or 4 presets I'd get that in a heartbeat!

Comment

That's a very good sounding pedal, and it's a no brainer for 30 bucks, even if it needs to have **** replaced (like every SD pedal I've owned has needed).
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
          Even if it needs to have **** replaced (like every SD pedal I've owned has needed).
          It feels like a pretty sturdy unit. Can you give me some examples of what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
            It feels like a pretty sturdy unit. Can you give me some examples of what happened?
            I've owned three, including one of the very first Pickup Boosters, which I got immediately upon release. All of them have screwed up songs at gigs. All developed bad foot switches, and the slide switch on my Pickup Booster went bad too. Several of them have had scratchy pots as well, and some jack issues as well. They are excellent, design-wise (i.e. they sound great). They are just made using garbage components. Replace the jacks, pots, and switches and they hold up fine. (I do still have two of the three pedals, now that I have repaired them, and I'd like to get a Deja Vu too, now that they are cheap.)
            Last edited by ItsaBass; 08-26-2014, 11:09 AM.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

That's awesome. GC's pricing makes no sense. Next time I see one used they probably couldn't be talked down to $50.

Waitaminute - don't you have a GC connection? Maybe you priced it at $30, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                Waitaminute - don't you have a GC connection? Maybe you priced it at $30, lol
                I do, but I didn't need to use it. The pedal was priced at $29.99 right on the tag. I checked to make sure it wasn't a typo, and it wasn't!

Comment

I like the Deja Vu a lot, but had thought of selling it after getting a couple more expensive ones like the T Rex Replica and Pigtronix Phi Echolution. But even then, I felt the Duncan pedal was an equal pedal, and had a sound that I liked, so I kept it.

I don't have it on a board. Instead, I use the Deja Vu at home only in the FX loop of whatever amp I'm using. This way, I never even have to worry about a switch going bad because it never gets stepped on. It sounds great in front of an amp or in the loop.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                    I like the Deja Vu a lot, but had thought of selling it after getting a couple more expensive ones like the T Rex Replica and Pigtronix Phi Echolution. But even then, I felt the Duncan pedal was an equal pedal, and had a sound that I liked, so I kept it.

I don't have it on a board. Instead, I use the Deja Vu at home only in the FX loop of whatever amp I'm using. This way, I never even have to worry about a switch going bad because it never gets stepped on. It sounds great in front of an amp or in the loop.
                    Haven't tried either one of those. TRex makes good stuff though. Their Bass Juice is the best bass overdrive I've ever heard.

I figure if the parts do go bad and my local guy can't fix it, I've got a neat excuse to drive to Santa Barbara!

Comment

I love my DejaVu so much I bought it twice. About 18 months ago GC clearanced them out for $70. I bought two and flipped one for twice as much.

The sales guy who bought it in probably looked at that to base his resale. Here in West Michigan they sell used for $100.

My Deja Vu sits in line right after my Empress VMSD. I will never delay any other way. The new vapor trail takes some of the highlights of the DV, but I still like the DV better.

Comment

This might seem like a really dumb question, but I've seen a few people mention 'layaway while the police hold goes through' a few times when talking about GC. Is it something to do with GC itself, or used gear or what?
                        Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                        I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                        Andrew - None

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
                          This might seem like a really dumb question, but I've seen a few people mention 'layaway while the police hold goes through' a few times when talking about GC. Is it something to do with GC itself, or used gear or what?
                          I dunno if this applies to other states, but in CA when you sell a piece of used gear to a retailer, the retailer cannot sell it for 30 calendar days. You have to fill out a small form with some DL info and a thumbprint and send it in to the police and they check it against any reports of stolen goods to see if they come up with a match. I think pawn shops and gun stores do this to.

...at least that's how I understand it to work. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

That makes perfect sense actually. Make sure that the companies aren't accidentally selling stolen goods. I shop in thrift stores and at the used sections in guitar shops pretty frequently, and I've seen a lot of stuff that just gives me the 'that's here for a really shady reason' vibe.
                            Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                            I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                            Andrew - None

Comment

Working...
                            X