NPD (T-Rex Magnus)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD (T-Rex Magnus)...

Actually, it's kind of belated as a bought it a couple of weeks ago. I was recently visiting my alma mater for a football game and stopped-in to the local music shop and found this beauty. Mint T-Rex Magnus multi-FX pedal for $100!!! I had noticed it advertised in the Used section of their website a couple of weeks before, for $225. So imagine my surprise when I asked if they still had it (they had to look around for a while) and then I see the $100 price tag on it as they bring it out. WOW! These things ran closer to $500 new.

Anyways... I really dig the pedal. The tuner is pretty useless, but the tones are great. I use the OD and Distortion channels together to get a nice crunch and lead tone. No, it doesn't fully replace my loaded 18"x36" stageboard for quantity and quality of tones... but it's sure a good start to my new smaller and lighter PRACTICAL gigging board. I mainly need to add a good chorus and wah and this second board will be ready for gigging now. I've got a New Year's gig that I plan to try this new board out at. Have been tempted to haul the big board, but my back will appreciate this board much more.

Please excuse the Joyo compresser (green pedal pictured), but I picked it up for $20 at my local pawn shop and it actually does sound pretty good (though it doesn't give me that good country lead squish like my DynaComp).

"Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Re: NPD (T-Rex Magnus)...

wow, seems low for a pedal of that size for sure

Comment

Re: NPD (T-Rex Magnus)...

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
      wow, seems low for a pedal of that size for sure
      They were having a big "crazy days" type of sale. I think that with a lot of gear, they just wanted it gone. I think that it was a trade-in, so they probably weren't very deep into it. My gain whatever the case!
      "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Working...
      X